chapter 27

SHE went to work the next day. Entering the office, she thought; if the boss, Mr Emerson sacks me because I didn't come to work yesterday, let it be. Besides I wanna leave but I need to finish my business with Delilah. As she planned first things first, she had to find Delilah and ask her how she knows her name. To hell with Jimmy, she thought emerging out of the elevator.

Surprisingly, she saw police men gathering around her office area with their tape restricting people from entering into her office and they looked as if they were looking for something.

"Excuse me, this is my office, what's going on?" She said to them immediately.

"This is your office?" One of the officers who looked like the supervisor repeated triumphantly.

"Yes, what's going on?" She asked again. Did someone die? She thought silently looking scared.

"You're Ms Eunice right?" The officer asked.

"Yes I am. Officer what's going on?" She became impatient.

"Thank goodness" he finally said "sorry ma'am but you'll please follow us to the police station. We have some questions to ask you" the officer said.

"Excuse you? I have to know what's going on first" she stood her ground.

"You'll know when we get to the station" another officer said as they pulled her.

"Station? What's all this?"

"Anything you say or do will be used against you in the court of law. So just kindly follow us" another officer said.

"Anything I say or do... Huuuugh! Am I being arrested?!" She said.

"Ma'am please when you get to the station you'll understand more" the first police officer said again.

"No!" She stamped her foot "I demand to know what's happening and who's behind this!" She firmly said.

"Mr Ralph, the supervisor of the decor---"

"Jim---" she cut the officer short and with an air of authority, walked straight to his office.

"And what's the meaning of this Jim?!" She continued; "why did you send some police men to arrest me?!" She continued barking.

"Stop being over dramatic Eunice. We know what you did" he looked tired.

"What do you mean we know what I did?!" She stamped on his desk and suddenly her eyes roved to his restroom where police tapes ran across with the sign; POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS

"What's going on Jim?" Her tone was cool now as she walked across to the duck taped side.

"That's where Delilah was killed"