chapter 39

JIMMY stood horrified as he watched Claire hold Eunice firmly with her left arm and holding a gun with the other hand directly to her head. Eunice held the hand restraining her from breathing and prayed it wasn't Claire but the wristband told it was Claire. She cried.

"Surprised?" Claire whispered to Eunice.

"Claire... Claire... Stop. You're hurting me" she managed to say despite suffocating.

"So, lover boy. You defiled my orders and went ahead to open up to her" she said gently enjoying the suspense; "Well..." She continued; "remember what I said to you in the dressing room?"

"Look, Claire, I'll do anything. Just don't hurt her" he pleaded calmly.

"Don't tell me that!" She pointed the gun at him; "...or do you want to die for her?!"

And with that Eunice screamed, she couldn't bear seeing Jimmy die.

"You see?... your lover doesn't want you dead, so why the fussing?" She laughed enjoying everything.

"Claire, why are you doing this? Let me go!" Eunice screamed as loud as she could but it made Claire laugh the more as she jerked Eunice's hair firmly making her scream in pain.

"Eunice! Babe don't struggle. I'll help you through this" Jimmy warned, knowing Claire very well.

"I don't wanna die Jim, I don't wanna. Claire please" she struggled to say in her breathing space.

"Shut the fuck up! No more talking! Didn't you understand what I said? If you move I shoot her!" Claire reminded Jimmy; "Oh, you think there's no bullet?" She shot the window letting a loud sound that shook everywhere.

Eunice took the distraction as an opportunity and ran away from Claire's side.

Just then, she shot Jimmy.

"No!" Eunice ran towards Jimmy who fell.

"If you move, I'll shoot you also!" Claire said not believing what she just did.

"Jim? Jim? Are you okay?" Eunice ignored Claire, shaking Jim and he groaned in pain. "Claire! What's wrong with you?! Why did you shoot him?! Why?!" She boiled in anger despite the gun Claire pointed at her face.

"I don't care, okay? I don't" Claire was uncomfortable. She planned to kill Eunice not shoot Jimmy, and now she's shot Jimmy on his leg.

"Claire-- Claire--" Jimmy groaned in pain, struggling to speak; "Please try and understand. I am not the man for you"