chapter 19

THE next day at work,she waited impatiently for Delilah to come around.

She really needed to know the date. She didn't know why it was important to her, but she felt the date would really help her.

She kept going to Jimmy's office and coming back to her's. She was in Jimmy's office now for the third time and as she was about to leave in the hope of coming back to find Delilah, his office phone rang. That might be Delilah! She hurried to the telephone and picked up without a word.

"Hello..."

Why? Eunice knew this voice. It sounded familiar. Not like Delilah's, but like someone she really knew.

"Hello..." The voice repeated.

It sounded so familiar. She had to know who it was; "who is this?" She quickly asked and she  heard a blip. "Hello... Hello... Hello...?"

The person hung up.

"Eunice what are you doing?" Jimmy asked as he saw Eunice holding his telephone.

"Uhm nothing" she left.

"It's not because I let you enter my office, gives you the right to touch my things" he said.

"Oh please,it's not because you are my supervisor, gives you the right to question my actions" she murmured.

"What did you say?" Jimmy asked.

"You heard me clearly,I'm not repeating myself" she said.

"...and what's making you act like this recently?"

"You're really asking me that? You're married and you went ahead and kissed me and used me any how it pleased you?" She grew angry now.

"What do you mean I used you?" He asked.

"When did you know her? 4 years? 5 years? 10 years ago? And you went ahead and fooled me into getting engaged to you!" She barked at him.

"What's gotten into you? What makes you think I cheated on you?" He asked.

"Didn't you get married to her the next Saturday after you left me waiting at the church?!" All the past anger came back renewed.

"Listen, you don't understand..." And he received a sound slap. He grew shocked as he held his hurt cheek.

"I'm tired of listening to your Goddamn explanations. You listen to me! I don't know whatever is going on in your head or whoever possessed you like this, but all I know is at the end all these you're doing to me will hurt you back" she roared and with that, left him still standing shocked.