EPILOGUE

IT was 12:30pm now. He looked at his wristwatch and heaved a sigh. He had promised to meet with her family at the hospital before he went home.

In his pants and sweaty tank top, he rushed to his car. Reaching the Evanit hospital, he smiled graciously at nurse Franklin and walked straight to the hall. Room number 79 was Eunice's room.

"Jimmy!" Eunice was happy to see him.

He saw that her family were already all around her giving her the best care ever.

It was only a bullet wound she suffered. Nothing Evanit hospital couldn't solve.

"Hi..." He said shyly brushing a kiss on her lips; "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. How's your leg?!" She said, excited.

"It's doing fine. In fact, I just came back from my jogging training. Oh, hi Mr Brett" he said on seeing him at the other end of Eunice's bed.

Mr Brett only smiled. He had experienced love like this in his own time to know how Jimmy was feeling now. "How are you dear?"

"I'm fine thank you and you uncle Gilbert?"

"What's going on dad?" Eunice was confused at her father's and uncle's hospitality towards Jimmy.

He giggled and said out happily; "oh, it's a long story. Jimmy explained everything to us and then we understood"

"Where did you find him?" She continued.

"We earlier saw the news that he allegedly accused you of murdering his wife. So, we all went to your house..."

"Oh dad I wasn't at home. I--"

"Wait darling, that's what I'm explaining. On reaching there, we found no one at home. We saw Claire..."

"Claire?!" She grew impatient.

"Yes. She looked worried. I asked her if she knew your whereabout but it looked like she was in a hurry as she fled your house" Mr Brett narrated.

"That stubborn witch" Uncle Gilbert whined.

"What time was that dad?" Eunice asked.

"At about 6:30" Mr Brett said.

"I went to your house after dropping you at the hospital--" Jim said.

"And there we saw him, running inside like a hungry dog, we were so angry with him" Mr Brett said.

"It was an ugly sight" Uncle Gilbert remarked.

"Oh you two--" Aunt Mona chuckled briefly. "Why don't you allow the girl to rest then continue later"

"No Aunt. Please dad, go on"

"That was it. It was there he explained everything to us" Mr Brett said.

"I always knew Jimmy wasn't what we thought" Aunt Mona remarked; "Anna!" She called out.

"Aunt Eunice! Aunt Eunice!" Little Anna came running.

She arrived just then with Aunt Lucia.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. We had to go to the supermarket as Anna was whining about some ice cream and the traffic was really slow. How are you doing dear?" Aunt Lucia said.

"I'm fine Aunt, nice to see you" Eunice replied.

Anna was already sitted untop the bed next to laying Eunice.

"...what of Claire, Jimmy?" Eunice asked, curious.

"Oh! She? As soon as she shot, the pot fell untop her" Jimmy said putting his hand across her neck and giving her a tender kiss against her lips, getting everyone to go; "awwwwwn"

"You don't mean it?!" Eunice eyes grew wide as she replied him.

"Yes. I guess someone called the police from all the loud shouts in my house. Because they came immediately and you were rushed to the hospital. Claire's undergoing medical treatment but as soon as she's recovered, she'll be put in jail" he concluded.

"Poor Claire" Eunice sighed.

"She got what she deserved" Uncle Gilbert chipped in.

"I didn't come here to discuss about Claire, Eunice" Jimmy faced her closely.

All were in suspense.

"I also came here to tell you something Eunice"

"What's it?" Eunice sat up.

Just then, he brought a small case from his pocket. "Will you marry me?" His eyes glittered with happiness as he spoke. You could literally feel the joy in his heart from the laugh all over his lips. He was clearly overwhelmed with a lot of joy and happiness.

"Why not?! Yes!" Eunice screamed joyfully as all applauded. And then he put the ring into her finger. "Daddy!" She joyfully showed her father.

"It's about time" Uncle Gilbert whispered joyfully to himself, sighing in relieve.

"I love you Jimmy" she said hugging him.

"I love you too. We'll get married as soon as you're out of here" he whispered into her ears, tenderly kissing her earlobes in return.
..........................
..........................
THE END