chapter 33

SHE drove angrily to Jimmy's house. How dare he accuse Claire of what clearly she won't do?

The shivering had stopped.

If Claire was really who Jimmy thought she was, then that apple drink should have harmed me. She drove roughly into his compound and entered into his house.

"How dare you fool me again?!" She barked at him.

"You went to Claire's house?" He asked.

"Ofcourse I went! And she did nothing. I was a fool to think I could believe you"

"I'm saying the truth Eunice"

"Oh spare me that"

"Haven't you been wondering why I won't answer all your pending questions about our love?" He asked.

"Just stop this Jimmy? Why would Claire wanna kill me? Why would she kill Delilah? Why would you add her into your mess?" She continued saying.

"She loves me!" He sprang.

Eunice remained silent.

"Remember the time you introduced me to her as your boyfriend in the pool at Parle?" He said and Eunice nodded. "Well, later that day she ran into me and started harassing me. She wanted me for herself Eunice. Your so called friend is a jealous and selfish bitch!"

"That doesn't explain why you left me waiting at the wedding hall that very day" Eunice argued.

"She bailed me up in the dressing room where I was getting ready for our wedding with a gun fully loaded, pointing at my face. She said I shouldn't show up at the wedding. I should run away and never come back" he flashed back. "I was willing to fight but she swore that if I married you, she'll kill you. I forced myself not to believe her but the bullet filled gun made me believe every single word she said" he confessed.

"Then why did you call my phone, to tell me you were on your way a minute to our wedding?" She was in tears "I can't believe you're still lying after everything. You're trying to make me hate my friend. Why are you this wicked?!" She wept.

"...I'm not through Eunice! She took my phone! She made sure it was almost time for the wedding and forced me at gun point to call you! She knew you very well and knew this would definitely hurt you!"

He held her saying; "you have to believe me Eunice!" He shook her. "She dialed your number and made me say those words I said to you, she hung up and warned me not to come to our wedding" he was furious with Eunice.

She shoved herself away from his arms unable to believe what he was saying and held the table, crying.

"I could have come to that wedding. I swear, I could have. But, I couldn't bear the thought of you dying. I obeyed"

Eunice wailed painfully. Jimmy supported her with his arms but, she shoved them away.

"No it's not true, no!" She cried out; "go away!"

"I'm saying the gospel truth. She also warned me not to let you know she was behind all of this or else she'll kill you"

She wailed the more.

"Then what about Delilah?! Explain Delilah?!" She grew mad.

"We aren't really married!" He confessed.