chapter 7

AT home,after taking her bathe and eating dinner,she slept off.

In her dream,she saw herself hosting a surprise party for someone and when she was about to know who the person was,a sharp loud noise brought her to consciousness.

The sharp loud noise was a call,she picked the call; "hello" she sighed when she found out that it was the boss calling. "Yes sire"

"Ms Brett,sorry to call in such a time-"

"No it's nothing sire. Go on" she rubbed her aching head.

"Well, tomorrow I'll be doing something new,never done in the office before. I noticed everyone is being stressed out in their duties,so I decided to pair you all in two's for an explicit task"

Eunice was grateful for that. She had been hoping her boss would do that, because the work was so much on one person alone.

"Tomorrow you shall see your partner" he said.

"Okay sire" she replied.

"That's all for now" he hung up.

She was so happy with the pairing but with who was she paired with? She couldn't wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow came soon and she got ready for work.

Everybody were about with their work and she walked briskly to the boss's office to know her paired mate.

He was busy with his secretary, Margareth,so she had to wait a bit in the corridor till he was through. And after some minutes of waiting,she saw Jimmy. He was just arriving in work ,with his bouncing hair as he took each stride. One God forsaken body built hand clutched to his briefcase,the other buttoning his suit. He was smiling and looking more stunning with the help of his full moisturized lips and white arranged teeth,it seemed as if he just finished speaking with an angel today.

Her heart leaped,she quickly removed her stare to prevent her from collapsing and got back to business.

She noticed Mr Emerson was rounding up whatever he was doing with his secretary and she came forward.

"Oh good day Ms Brett" he greeted.

"Good day sire,I'm here for the... What you said last night" she said.

"Oh my official pairing idea" he nodded in delight "here, these are your assignments with your pair,the deadline is next season" he submitted.

She was still puzzled as she collected the little paper sheet. "Uhm... Sire... Who am I paired with?" She asked.

"You haven't been informed?"

"No sire"

"But I informed everybody" he frowned.

"I wasn't aware sire" she quickly said.

"Oh gracious me! Yes I've not sent your own. Now where did I keep that list?" He whispered to himself as he searched for it. "Ms Brett right?" He asked as if he wasn't sure and Eunice nodded answering the obvious question.

"B...b...b-r. Yes! Your paired with Mr Ralph" he finally said.

"Ralph? Are you sure?" She hoped he'd give the negative.

"What do you mean am I sure? Now get to work!" He ordered and she fled the office.

Ralph? That couldn't be.