chapter 11

"he did what?!" Was what Claire said after Eunice had explained all the scenario to her. "I can't believe that" she added, surprised.

"I got annoyed and came here straight" Eunice said.

"How could you...? How did he...?... Eunice!!" Claire was disappointed.

"It's not my fault Claire,I didn't know he'll do that" Eunice said.

"Okay. So, how are you feeling now?"

"I don't know. I left the office without telling Mr Emerson, Jimmy kissed me,I... I guess I don't know how I'm feeling again" she said confused.

"It's okay dear,it's okay" Claire patted her.

Eunice was so annoyed with Jimmy for taking advantage of her situation and kissing her. She grew angry every minute and couldn't do practically nothing. That was that,first thing tomorrow morning,she's resigning. She can't possibly see Jimmy again. She finally slept.

Tomorrow came with Mr Emerson shouting at her for not informing him she was leaving.

It all began when she reached the office and Ms Margareth rushed into her office with a frightened look saying Mr Emerson,the boss,sent for her. Eunice rushed to his office and received the loudest shout of her life;

"Why would you leave the office without letting me know?! I'm the boss of this office and I have the right to know everything here!" He hit his desk. "Of course,I'd have giving you a leave off if it was that urgent!" He roared.

"I'm sorry sire"

"Now leave my office!" He thundered.

Eunice forgot all she prepared herself to say to the boss due to all the shout and didn't think she'll ever have the guts to give him that resignation letter as she swallowed.

She'll just have to deal with Jimmy by herself,she smiled to Ms Margareth as she left for her office.

There in her office,she could do practically nothing also,the scene of Jimmy kissing her kept flooding in on her mind that she subconsciously touched her lips.

She'd have to leave the office again if she didn't find something to do in five minutes time. The door opened. It was Anastasia, Jimmy's secretary.

"Ma'am"

"What" Eunice was so mad at him to even see his secretary.

"Mr Ralph sent for you"

"Tell him I'm not coming"

"Ma'am it's--"

"I said tell him I won't come!!"

"Ma'am he said he's found a customer" she still stood stubbornly.

"What customer?" Eunice had completely forgotten about their work.

The secretary gave her a file and left which assumed she was through with delivering her message. Eunice looked inside the file and saw it was a hall.

They had found their first customer for the job. It was wonderful but bitterness wouldn't allow her rejoice. I'm not going anywhere! She concluded. Then she remembered the boss. Jimmy would find pleasure reporting the case to the boss which would create another shout. She couldn't bear receiving another shout. She didn't want to go and she also didn't want to be shouted at.

At the end,the boss would sack her but she didn't want to get sacked like that even if that's what she desperately needed now.

She decided to go.