chapter 30

JIMMY stood silent for a while absorbing what the person said over the phone. Eunice, he thought. Then turned to Eunice who stood frozen.

"Eunice you need to stay. Yes here. You can't go anywhere. You can't leave my sight" he came running towards her.

"Who killed Delilah?" She finally spoke, searching for answers in his eyes.

"I...I can't tell you now, It's dangerous. But please just obey me this once and don't leave my sight" he held her.

"Leave me you freak" she left his grip "what's gotten into you Jim?"

"Look, I'll explain later. You have to book a flight and escape now" he ran for his pen writing down something. "Here, take this to the airport, they'll immediately understand" he shoved it into her hands.

This act made Eunice scared. "I'm not going anywhere" she turned to leave, but Jimmy stopped her immediately. Like an egg, it seemed if she took one more step, she'll break.

"Let me be!" She cried out.

"She wants you dead Eunice. I can't bear to loose you. Please" he cried desperately.

Eunice looked at him for some explanation and then left.

He was still sweating, breathing loud. What must I do? What must I do? He thought restlessly. Her life was in danger!

...and if you're not careful this time and put yourself together......I... might do something. He remembered those words. Then it occurred to him, it was closing time. Eunice would most definitely go home and she knew Eunice's house very well and that...

He failed to comprehend. That's....

He took his phone.

Nothing must happen to Eunice.

Eunice walked straight to her car. What is going on with Jimmy? She stepped inside. Who was he talking to on the phone? She turned on the car. And who was he talking about that would kill me?

She drove from the parking lot to the street heading home. Thinking about Jimmy's behavior, she felt kinda scared. Remembering Jimmy said someone wanted her dead, then that was so absurd but the phone call.

Just then, her phone rang, it was Jimmy; "oh, great" She sighed and picked up.

"Eunice. Eunice listen to me, you can't go home" Jimmy said, gasping for air.

"Take it easy Jimmy, you're just over reacting because of Delilah's death. How does her death concern me?"

"It does... It does Eunice... Now go straight to my house. You know it. I haven't packed"

"No Jimmy. Relax, I'm going home"

"No! She wants you dead!"

"Who?!" She was getting scared of Jimmy's misbehavior.

"-"

"Please...I'm hanging up"

"No! Don't! Okay... It's Claire. Believe me or not she wants you dead"