chapter 16

"wife?" Eunice was thrown aback, she needed to be sure.

"Yeah, wife" he repeated.

"Nice to meet you Eunice. You act like an extrovert I think we'll get along" Delilah said friendly.

"Hmm" was what managed to come out of Eunice's mouth.

"I must go now darling or I'll be late for work" Delilah picked her bag. "Oh and--" they kissed, she left.

"So Eunice--"

"I need to go to the ladies" she resigned.

She stood in the ladies shaking. She didn't know wether to cry or not. She was utterly dumbfounded. She needed to go back nevertheless. She smoothed her face and went back.

"The other team took care of the decorations of John and Lara's. The Good thing is that we have a new client William and--"

"What was the meaning of that?" She finally spoke up. Jimmy fell confused. "That...wife... Delilah"

"Oh yeah we got married on July 3rd" he said nonchallantly.

"What year?" Eunice didn't want to hear 2012.

"2012"

"2012! Jimmy our wedding was on the 27th of June 2012!" She froze.

"Yeah I know"

"So you knew her when you were with me?" She was more than annoyed.

"No,see it's--"

"It's what?!"

He grew silent.

"I need to go to the restroom- again" she left, almost crying, almost running.

She burst out inside the restroom. This was too much to handle. He literally duped her,her love,her emotions,her heart,her life-- she cried, wailed, groaned, screamed, everything.

He had broke her last hope of love. She doubted anything would rekindle them again. The more she held herself from crying,the more she wept profusely.

She tried crying silently to avoid people from hearing her, she just wanted to be alone and share her sorrow with no one.

She cried.

For over an hour,she stayed in the restroom crying. She needed to go home. No,resign first. No,she didn't want Jimmy to be the one to kill her spirit but,her spirit was already dead.

She didn't care how her appearance was,she left the restroom for Jimmy's office.

"Where have you been? It's almost 9:30 and we've not done anything"

It fell on deaf ears as she sat controlling herself.

"Well,as I was saying, William and Dorcas wants a family celebration,the location and everything have been emailed to you---"

"Just shut up and tell me if we have any job today" she simply said eyes drenched from weeping.

Jimmy hesitated first,then said; "oh yes,of course. We've not yet signed the contract with Jack and Lara"

"Then let's get to it" she said.

"The files are--"

"Bring them to my office" she stood.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To the restroom" she replied and left.