Chapter One

Jay sits at his desk, bored as hell. To be a cop in a crime-active city like Chicago usually means overtime every day, but this entire week has been dead. No pun intended.

There hasn't been an-Intelligence worthy crime at all and the detectives are bored out of their mind.

He feels his phone vibrating on his desk and quickly answers it when he sees the caller ID

"Well, if it isn't my crazy best friend calling. What's up Fizzer?" He jokes, her nickname in the Rangers was Fizzers because of her addiction to the sticky sweet.

"I'm in a police station" She starts, the worry evident in her voice.

Jay's small falters, "why are you in a police station, what happened?"

Sienna cracks a smile at the concern in his voice, she has always loved playing practical jokes on him. "Because I came to visit my best friend, and he works at a police station."

Jay's eye widens, his smile is back on his face. "You're in Chicago?"

"I am standing like a dork in the middle of the station you work. Can you come say 'hey'?"

"On my way Fizz."

He runs down the stairs and finds the blonde surgeon standing, just like she said, in the middle of the station.

"Hey dork" He greets her, his beam brightening when she squeals. She runs to hug him laughing softly when he lifts her up from the floor.

"God; lay off the fizzers. You're heavy" He tells her as he puts her down on the ground.

"Not true. You're just scrawny."

Jay laughs and kisses her forehead, "I missed you beautiful."

"I missed you more."

Jay smiles, "my shift ends in 10 minutes, come up and meet the team."

**

"Yo, guys and Erin" Jay grins brightly. "I want you to meet my best friend Sienna Roberts."

The guys all come forward to greet Sienna except for one – Antonio. Jay smirks at the gaping wide-eyed detective.

Sienna enjoys a conversation with Erin and doesn't even notice Jay walking up to the detective. He smirks as Antonio continues staring. "What are you doing man?"

Antonio snaps out of his dream, "huh, what? N-nothing man."

"Her name is Sienna. She's a trauma surgeon in Boston. I met her in the Rangers, we've gone through a lot of shit together. She became the one person I can always depend on. It's been 10 years and she's still my number one."

Antonio smiles, "She sounds great."

"She is."