Chapter 10

One year later

CPD has just finished a double; the guys are about ready to leave for Molly's when Antonio walks up to Jay. He's hesitant and nervous as hell.

"Hey man" The older detective swallows as Jay glances up. "You look nervous, what's up?"

Antonio takes out a small box and opens it. If Jay was surprised at the beautiful rose gold ring sitting in the middle of the box, he didn't show it.

He has a small smile on his face.

"I need your permission to marry Sienna"

Jay stands up, his posture relaxed. He holds out a hand for Antonio to shake.

"You've got it man. But if you hurt her in any way, I will kill you."

"I know"

"Treat her right."

**

The ring feels heavy in the back pocket of the jeans he's wearing. After picking up Sienna from the hospital they drive off to the gym.

"You feel like boxing?" The detective asks, knowing how much she loves it.

The first time he took her boxing was on their third date, he thought he'd have to teach her how to box but was pleasantly surprised when she all but kicked his ass.

He's an Olympic boxer, but she held her own which was a contributing factor on why he fell in love with her.

"Yeah" She beams. He throws her pink gloves she bought for herself to her and wraps his own.

"Are you ready for me to kick your ass, babe?" Antonio taunts, smirking when she rolls her eyes.

"Come on detective, less talky more fight-y"

**

"I beat you fair and square Doc, don't even argue with me"

"Hmm" Sienna purses her lips. "I disagree but whatever, if you want to pretend you've won this match be my guest."

He laughs at her, "At least you look sexy, even though you're a loser"

"Take it back Dawson or your balls will be hanging over your head"

Antonio grins softly. He stalks over to her and then covers his own body with hers. Hovering over her, he keeps his arms steady on either side of her head.

"I love you Sienna Roberts, more than you will ever know. I know we haven't been together that long but I've known since our first date that you were going to be someone special."

Antonio stands up and gets the ring out of his jacket pocket. He gets down on one knee, his heart flutters when he hears her gasp.

Tears pool in her eyes as she watches him tremble in nerves. "Marry me Sienna. Make me the happiest man alive."

Sienna's smile brightens up the room. She nods and whispers a faint 'yes'

"Babe you're going to have to speak up" He mutters, his brown eyes big and vulnerable

"Yes Antonio Dawson, I will marry you."

**

The next morning Sienna has to swallow her joy to be able to do her work. Everyone has already congratulated her on the engagement that happened the night before. Happy news spread like wildfire in Chicago.

Just before she could shut her locker room her phone beeps with a message from Gabby

I invited all the girls. Tomorrow @ Molly's, we're going to congratulate you on making an honest man outta my idiot brother. See you tomorrow evening