Chapter 24

"You're late" Sienna reprimands Will as he runs into the hospital. Choi and Natalie chuckle next to her. Sienna is not going to make it easy for him.

"I'm sorry. I overslept."

Sienna stares him down ultimately making him a bit nervous, but not too much which is something she appreciates.

"Okay well, go sign in with Maggie. She's our Head Nurse, meet me back here in 10."

He nods and walks away.

"Hey, Si, I need your help with something. Well, actually, not yours – Antonio's" Natalie says when Choi gets paged for a consult.

She nods, "Alright, I'll tell him to stop by here after his shift."

She shrugs, "Can we meet at Molly's tonight rather?"

She nods with a smile, "I'll tell him"

Natalie thanks her and walks off. Will gets back from signing in with Maggie. He's in his light blue resident scrubs, ready for action.

"Well William" She gives him a tiny smile, "Sharon told me that you're shadowing me for the next 4 shifts. I'm not a monster so please raise your opinion; ask questions; don't be in my way."

He smirks, "Alright."

Sienna opens her mouth to say something when she gets a page to the pit. "Show time"

They both gown and glove and run to the pit. Sienna opens the police car right as it comes to a halt.
"Stab wound to the abdomen. She's bleeding a lot" Kim says referring to the police officer in her arms.

"She's haemorrhaging. Let's get her to Trauma 1."

Kim clenches her jaw, "Si. I can't move my hands"

Sienna understands immediately, "Will, grab me a headboard; Epi and an IV kit."

"You got it" He runs back into the hospital, returning a few seconds later.

He hands her the headboard; IV and Epi. "Hold her tightly." She instructs him. She turns to Kim, "You can't move your hands now. I promise it'll only be a second, okay?"

"Yeah" The police officer nods.

She pushes the headboard under the police officer's body; the three of them put her down on the floor. Sienna immediately starts an IV and pushes two of epi.

She smiles at Kim, "We'll take great care of her."

Kim gives her a smile and they load her up on to the gurney. They race back Trauma room 1.

**

"That was a nice safe" Will comments as they exit the OR. After three close calls where she almost bled out on Sienna's table, she managed to revive her. The police officer will be just fine.

"You were good in there, Will."

"Thanks Sienna" He smiles

"Let's go update the family"

**

Directly after updating the police and family, she gets 23 more calls to the pit.

"Is days always like this?" Will asks her as they finish on the last surgery. It's not even 1 in the afternoon yet.

"Pretty much, between car crashes; shootings; stabbings; and Chicago's favourite past time – drugs – this place can get pretty heated. But that's why I love it."

He nods, "I came back to be closer to Jay, that and I got in a load of shit in New York. But he doesn't want anything to do with me. I know he doesn't trust me"