Chapter 54

"I told Riana I won't take no for an answer, so she agreed to do the DNA test. We're getting one done at Lakeshore this afternoon" Antonio tells her. She has just finished preparing dinner when he got home from work.

"Why lakeshore and not Med?"

Antonio shrugs, "I didn't think you'd want everyone to know your husband is such a dirtbag"

Sienna gives him a look of sympathy as she wraps her arms around his neck. She leans up and kisses his lips, "I love you Tony. Don't ever call yourself a dirtbag again. Everyone makes mistakes"

He swallows, "I just... I promised myself that I would never hurt you and then I did, I am thankful everyday that you found it in your heart to forgive me. I don't know how to live without you, I don't want to."

"You know why it was easy for me to forgive you and give you a second chance? It's because I know that you are not the person that will now start cheating on me. I know you were hurting, and yes, you went about this the wrong way, but you are allowed a mistake. I love you Antonio Dawson, more than you'd ever realize."

He smiles brightly, leaning down to kiss her again. He deeps the kiss and they only pull away when one of the dogs bark.

"I guess they want daddy"

Antonio smiles, "We'll get a kid someday, it might not be now, but I promise you I will make sure we get a baby of our own"

Sienna beams, "Thanks handsome man."

Sienna's phone rings as Antonio continues to play with the four furry kids they now call their own. She doesn't recognize the number.

"Sienna Dawson speaking"

"Good afternoon ma'am. My name is Karla Hewing, I'm the Charge Nurse at IU Health University Hospital in Indiana. I'm calling in regards to Detective Jay Halstead. You are listed as his emergency contact"

Her heart beat quickens; she swallows away a fit of nausea. Jay has been in Indiana for a month now, he took leave from work that has been building up, and went to clear his head. Well, that's what she thought. He left his damn cell phone in Chicago because he needed peace and quiet after this whole Oscar thing.

"Is he okay? Where is he? What's wrong with him?"

Antonio is suddenly on alert and walks up to her. She leans on him as her world crashes down.

"He was shot ma'am, it doesn't look good. I suggest you come to Indiana as soon as possible. I'm so very sorry."

Sienna's phone slips out of her hand, Antonio, with fast reflexes, catches it before it could fall on the ground.
"Si?"

She looks at him, "We need to get to Indiana. Now"

48 Hours later

Tears are streaming down her face as panic fill her bloodstream. She's out of breath, exhausted and in pain but still, she gets up without a second thought and trembling hands. The knife is clutched in her hand. She's careful not to make a sound.

She hears a glass shatters and she knows he's near but she's ready for him, she has been since the day he waltzed back into her life and then shot her best friend.

"Where are you little Sienna?" He taunts, "Are you going to kill me today? Kill all your secrets?"

Sienna rounds the corner, he's back is facing her. She whispers in his ear, "You're not worth killing over Oscar"

He turns to her but she's faster and punches him in the mouth. Before he has the chance to retaliate she kicks him and then punches him again. After a few punches he's out as a light and she finally has time to call someone.

"Yes?" She hears the voice of her husband, panic and exhaustion is laced in his tone. Tears fall down her face, she's safe now.

"Tony?"

"Si, baby, where the fuck are you?"

She tells him the exact location and he promises her he will be there in a few minutes.

She hears scuffling behind her and turns around as Oscar runs to her with a gun, but she's stronger and trained professionally. He's a weak ass man that never served this country proud. The gun falls from his hands onto the ground with a thud. Before he can get up from the beating, she shoots him in the forehead and watches the life disappear from his beady little evil eyes

Earlier

Antonio; Hayley; and Sienna runs into the hospital in Indiana. The long drive was filled with worry and tension for their friend.

"We're looking for a patient – Jay Halstead" Sienna tells the nurse on duty. The brunette smiles softly, "Mr Halstead is in surgery. You can speak to Doctor Benson, he's on the case."

"Thanks"

They sit down in the waiting area. Antonio's hand is clutched in Sienna's. She's scared, she won't admit it, but she's scared. She doesn't want to lose her best friend.

They've been in this position way too many times.

"This was Oscar. I can just feel it." She says, "This was Oscar."

"We'll come to the bottom of this" Hayley mutters, "We have to."

Sienna shakes her head in anger, "I'm done waiting for him to make a move"

She stands up, "I'm done hiding from him"

Antonio frowns, "Where the hell are you going Sienna?"

"I'm finishing this"

Before anyone can respond, she walks away. The pocket knife Antonio carries with him got swiped by his wife before they left for Indiana. He's going to pay. Oscar is going to pay.

Oscar picks up her call on the second ring with a chuckle.

"My, my, dearest Sienna is calling me. I guess you heard about that friend of yours"

"Where are you, Oscar? Stop being a damn coward and face me you son of a bitch"

He laughs, "Oh you won't find me Sienna dear. But I'll find you. I have found you."

She hears his voice behind her and swallows. The knife is clutched in her hand, safely tucked away from prying eyes in her jacket pocket.

"Have you been waiting for me, Oscar?"

"You're predictable Fizzer"

She sees the revolver in his hand, she's scared as hell but won't show it. Sienna knows how it feels to be in front of the barrel of the gun.

"Are you going to kill me?" She looks at the empty abandoned street. It's nearly midnight, and nobody is walking the streets.

"It was too easy to kill him" He ignores her, "Jay was at a bar, he was a bit drunk. I had such a good opportunity when he stumbled to his car, about to drive under the influence. He didn't even see me. So I shot him. He gasped for air, begged me to kill him."

"You son of a bitch. You were a fucking soldier."

He laughs, "Jay Halstead doesn't deserve to live"

She snaps and punches him. "You shut your fucking mouth"

**

"He came at me with a gun, I fought him, he dropped the gun and I shot him." She relays her statement to the police. They've been looking for Oscar ever since he shot Jay, he's apparently killed three other people in Indiana as well.

"Thank you ma'am"

"What's going to happen to me now?" She accepts the face cloth to wipe the streaming pool of blood off her face. Her body is bruised and battered, but she's fine. Oscar paid for hurting Jay.

"You were acting in self-defence. We have a witness, that saw you from across the streets in her apartment. She told us exactly what you told us. You're free to go."

"Thank you officer"

"No" He smiles at her, "Thank you for your service, soldier."