Chapter 4

Sienna hurries into the apartment the next evening at 7, her surgery ran long and now she's going to be late for her first date with Antonio.

Jay watches in amusement as she scurries over to her closet. He's leaning against the wall and lazily drinks from his bottled beer.

"How would I look in this one?" She asks him, her blue eyes wide and crazy. He scans over the green dress in her hands.

"No"

"Ugh Halstead, find me an outfit while I shower please" She begs him. He sighs and nods his head, "fine get your fizzer butt into the shower. I have better taste in fashion than you do."

She laughs, "That's not always a good thing Jaylin."

Before he can utter another word she hurries into the shower. He picks a blue dress and golden sandals for her.

He quickly warms up her curling iron and then finishes off his beer.

When she gets out she grins at the outfit on the bed.

"Look at my little fashionista. Thanks hunky."

He chuckles, "get dressed. It's almost time for your first date" He grabs her cheeks and squishes them together.

Jay leaves the room to get another bottle of beer out of the fridge while Sienna curls her hair. She does her make-up and sprays perfume before pulling on her outfit. When she's satisfied, she walks out of her messy room.

Antonio's already here with a bouquet of lilies. She gives him a bright smile; he obviously asked Jay what her favourite flowers are.

"Wow, you look gorgeous. God" Antonio's eyes widen and his jaw practically hits the floor.

"Keep it in your pants Dawson" Sienna teases him, smiling brightly when he blushes. Jay laughs. "Have her home by midnight"

"I'll be home whenever I feel like it Halstead."

Antonio chuckles as the younger detective fakes a scowl at his best friend.

Sienna kisses Jay on the cheek right before the happy couple leave.

**

Antonio smiles bashfully as a bright beaming smile erupts on Sienna's face. He decided not to do the boring cliché dinner and a movie with her but rather took her to the amusement park. They were surrounded by a lot of other people also enjoying the roller coasters and take away stands.

"I love amusement parks!" She grins at him planting a kiss on his cheek. He smiles at her, "where do you want to go first?"

"Hmmm" She ponders over the question, her eyes scanning the entire park.

"What about the teacups?"

He nods, "fine. I have one condition before we end the night we're going on the Ferris wheel"

She beams, "Of course Detective."

**

After about 8 rides, the two decide to stay on the ground for a while. Antonio leads her to a station.

"You want me to win you a teddy?"

Sienna nods excitedly, "yes please"

He chuckles as he grabs the toy gun and starts shooting the targets popping up. Of course, the detective wins and gets her a stuffed dolphin.

Sienna beams as the station owner hands over the toy. "Thank you"

She kisses Antonio on the cheek and thanks him as well. "My hero"

"What's his name?" Antonio asks, watching in amusement as she kisses the toy on its noise.

"Tony, like you"

The detective smirks, "You ready to go on that Ferris wheel?"

Sienna nods, "Think we can stay on for more than just one ride?"

He laughs loudly, "I think I can make a deal with the techy."

Sienna grabs his hand and leads him off to the Ferris wheel. They get on as soon as Antonio hands the techy the tickets.

"So Detective, tell me about yourself?"

Antonio rests a hand on her knee, warm and calloused. She feels giddy just being this close to him.

"I'm Antonio Dawson, 33 years old. I'm the second-in-command at Intelligence, was once a detective in Vice. My parents are Ramone and Camilla. I don't have the best relationship with my dad. I have a sister, Gabby, as you already know. Here's something you don't know though, when I was 14 I got beat up by the owner of this place I was working at. The owner of a boxing gym helped me by putting me up as the cleaner for his gym. He started training me and as of now I'm an Olympic boxer. He saved my life."

She smiles, squeezing the hand on her knee. Sienna rests her head in the crook of his shoulder smiling when she feels lips kissing her forehead.

"Tell me about you."

"Well, I'm Sienna Roberts, 32 years old. I'm head of Trauma surgery at Med. I was a Lieutenant in the Rangers. I was a physician in there for 6 tours. My parents died when I was 19, the reason I joined the Rangers. Uh, Jay has been my best friend for 10 years now, I met him on my first tour in Afghan. I guess that's me. I'm pretty boring"

Antonio smiles, "That is not the way I would describe you. I'm sorry about your parents Si. You don't have to tell me what happened if you don't want to."

"Car accident" She smiles, laying it on vaguely. "They went to drop my little brother off at a concert and a drunk driver crashed into them."

"I'm sorry. Your brother is – "

"My brother is no longer in my life. Jay's my family."