Chapter 43

She made a feast for them when they got home starting with roasted chicken and vegetables and then for dessert a chocolate cake.

"I got a brochure" She informs him as she rests her legs on his lap. "For an adoption agency"

"Yeah?" He strokes over her bare legs

"I'm sorry, I know we wanted to do it together but I just... I drove past the agency"

"Baby" He kisses her deeply, "You started our journey. Now, we're going to do it together. What's our next step?"

"We call and hope they accept us"

He smiles, "Of course they will. We're a solid couple, we've been married for exactly 10 years and we have great jobs"

"Yeah" She beams, "We might be parents soon baby"

He laughs, "We call tomorrow morning first thing. I hope you're not working tomorrow?"

"Nope" She grins, "Sharon benched me for the week. I have exceeded my limit"

"Good" He purrs as he brings her closer to his body and kisses her deeply, "I want to take you on this couch"

She grins and unbuttons his dark blue shirt, "What are we waiting for?"

**

So at 8:30am the couple sits down in their garden to call the agency. The lady on the other end invites them in for a meeting and soon they're at the agency.

They have to fill out an obscene amount of paperwork, which annoys Antonio. A month later they get a call from the social worker to do a homestudy.

Then absolute silence for five months

The adoption is driving a wedge between the couple everyone adores. Maybe they're not strong enough. Maybe the wait for a child will destroy them.

"Tony, I made breakfast. You want some?" Sienna asks as he whirls past her. He shakes his head, "I have work"

He leaves the house without saying goodbye causing Sienna to sigh as tears threaten to surface. It can't be, right? Her marriage can't fall apart.

**

Plot twist.