Chapter 23

"You paged?" Sienna smiles as she knocks on the open door of Sharon's office. Her boss waves her in.

"You know a Will Halstead?"

Sienna nods her head. "Yeah, he's Jay's brother. I've met him a couple o' times."

"You like him?"

"He's a good doctor according to my inside sources but an arrogant son of a gun"

Sharon chuckles, "Isn't every doctor in this world?"

The doctor laughs softly, "Yeah, pretty much. Why do you ask?"

Sharon shows her the resume. "He applied for a job as attending trauma surgeon here"

Sienna pages through the resume, "Plastic surgeon in New York, did work in Sudan. He looks good enough to be in my department"

Sharon nods, "He's third year emergency medical resident. I know you choose your own trauma team but maybe you can show him the ropes?"

"Okay. I'll take him out on my first field call. When does he start?"

"Tomorrow" She stands up and calls someone in. Sienna stands up when Will walks in to greet him.

Both of them sit down on the chairs.

"Doctor Halstead, I believe you know Doctor Roberts."

"Yeah I do" Will mutters with a smile. "It's good to see you again Si"

"You too" She smiles at him.

"So Doctor Roberts is the Chief of Trauma Surgery, you will be working under her with her as your immediate boss. I see you've worked in Sudan as an emergency doctor. Have you ever done field work?"

"Can you elaborate on field work ma'am?"

Sienna chips in, "Trauma operations in the field consists of amputations; emergency surgeries on your colon; pancreas; spleen and stomach. We go out to the high-risk scenes involving multiple victims where we will attend to do surgery on the patients."

Will's eyes brighten, "That sounds incredible. I-I have only been inside a hospital – was mostly an E.R doctor in Sudan."

Sharon cuts in, "Well, you'll still be under Doctor Roberts's supervision but you'll need to do extra medical training if you want to become part of her trauma team."

"I will do anything to be part of that team"

Sienna nods, a small smile plays on her lips. "That sounds good. Welcome Will, it's good to have you in Chicago."

"Thanks."

"Alright, Halstead, I will bring an intern to show you around here and then we will see you tomorrow at 7 for your shift."

"Thank you Miss Goodwin."

Sienna stands up, "I have a surgery in a few. I'll see you tomorrow Will."

He stands up to shake her hand again and watches her as she leaves. Sharon quickly pages an intern.

**

That evening, Erin; Sienna; Mouse; Jay; Antonio and Will are in Jay's apartment, drinking beers.

Jay is still suspicious as hell on why Will is here but Sienna promised him she'll keep an eye out. Jay and Will's relationship are down to shit after his mother's death.

"I can't believe you're going to be my boss, Si" Will comments with a grin

Sienna leans against Antonio's chest. His one arm is draped loosely over her stomach.

"Fizz is going to beat you to a pulp, dear old William. You're going to have to tread lightly. She ain't easy." Mouse teases, smirking when Sienna throws a pillow on his face.

"I'm a nice boss" She mutters, narrowing her eyes at Mouse.

"She's going to drill you. I've seen what she did to her platoons."

Will chuckles, "I can take it"