Chapter 36

Both Antonio and Jay run down the district stairs, ready to go home, when Sienna walks in. "Reporting a crime?" Antonio smirks

She gives him a small smile where normally she would retort with something sarcastic. "I need to talk to Mouse, is he still here?"

"Are you okay?"

She nods, "I'll see you guys later"

"We're not leaving her here, are we?" Jay asks, a frown etched on his face as he stares at his best friend walking up the stairs after Platt buzzed her in.

"Not a chance" Antonio replies, both detectives following her up.

**

Sienna smiles at the I.T man jamming it out listening to Maroon 5.

"I never saw you as a pop guy" She laughs, her mood lifting, when he jumps out of his skin.

"I haven't skipped – shut up Fizz"

She chuckles sitting down next to him, happily accepting the beer he gives her. "What brings you to my humble abode?"

"I need a favour" She tells him, "a small, small favour."

"What do you need?" He drawls out

"Can you do a search on Jason McBride?"

He nods his head and starts his search. Antonio and Jay walk in wordlessly, both also grabbing beers.

"I'm not a bar, you two will need to repay me" Mouse tells them

"Si's also drinking beers, why doesn't she have to pay?" Antonio smirks

"I'm cute" She murmurs

"Yeah you are" Antonio smiles sweetly and pecks her lips. Jay laughs into his beer bottle.

A few hours of talking and having fun, Sienna's mind is finally a little bit clearer. She's feeling a tad better, but she's still going to help out at Choi's charity. She's spent enough time in luxury while her fellow vets suffer.

"Fizz, I did a search on Jason McBride. He's a Ranger"

"I know, he was my patient today. Well, he wasn't really a patient, he was just a guy that was sleeping in the alley and he was freezing to death. I saw his tattoo, same tattoo we have. Rangers, he served this country for 8 tours in Iraq and Baghdad but he still came back with no house and no family."

Tears are falling down her cheeks as she tells his story. The guys stay silent as they take in her words.

"Woah" Mouse exclaims when he reads the man's history.

"What?" Jay asks

"McBride was in a convoy that exploded, killing his entire platoon. He was the sole survivor, got a purple heart but refused to ever deploy again"

"That's why his name sounds so familiar. I guess he really came to Med to die"

"Well, at least he talked to a fellow veteran before he died" Antonio says walking up to her to kiss her cheek.

She nods, "We need to start honouring our veterans."

**

So that's what's she's doing Friday evening – dressed in her uniform along with Choi. She smiles when she sees Antonio; Jay and Mouse walk in. Together they all start honouring their fellow men and women.

**

A few weeks later, Antonio gets home from work to find Sienna in the kitchen cooking. He hangs up his leather jacket and wraps his arms around her waist.

"Turn off that stove" He whispers, she turns around with an eyebrow raised, "I'm cooking"

"Yeah, I can see that" He smirks, "But stop"

As soon as she turns off the stove, Antonio scoops her into his arms and carries her over to the couch. "You know, I'm hungry" Sienna tells him laughing as he throws her onto the cushions.

"Yeah, we can eat later." He jumps onto the couch and hovers over her, kissing her on the mouth. "I had the worst day ever, and all I need now is my wife."

She frowns, "What happened?"

"More kissing, less talking"

She pulls him down to her by his dog tag and kisses him hard. They continue making out, when clothes start flying.

Food is long forgotten by the time they're finished, savouring in the bliss.