Chapter 11

"So how's the wedding planning going?" Maggie asks a month later. She has just finished her sixth surgery for the day and is ready for a coffee fix.

She pulls out the green fizzer she bought from the vending machine and chews on it. She shrugs, "No, I'm really bad at planning, and the wedding planner Antonio's mom recommended costs like five paychecks"

"You know my cousin's cousin is a really good wedding planner. I can set it up for you? She owes me a favour"

"You can do that?"

"Yeah babe"

Sienna smiles brightly, "I owe you. Thanks"

"I'll hold you to it" She smirks having no intentions to cash out.

Sienna kisses Maggie on the cheek with a beaming smile, "You're the best"

Sienna's pager goes off in the middle of her conversation with Maggie.

"Incoming" She says and soon the nurse and the doctor are in action for the ambulance.

"What do we've got?" Sienna asks as soon as the ambulance halts.

"24 years old, we picked her up in the field. She has trouble breathing"

Sienna frowns as she sees the blood trickling out the girl's neck, "What happened here?"

Katrine looks like she wants to say something but Peter has a warning look on his face shutting Katrine up completely.

"Went through the wrong pipe, that's all"

Sienna sighs with a hesitant nod. She knows she can't do anything about this now plus the girl needs her help more.

"Let's get her to trauma 1. Page the burn unit and plastic surgery. Start an IV"

"Copy that doctor"

"I need you two to write up a report right now" Sienna tells the paramedics before running down the hall to her patient.

**

**

Sienna is on a warpath after the fourth patient was brought in by the same paramedics – all have clotted blood in their airways.

"Are you sure about this?" Maggie asks her.

"I don't know what to be sure of Maggie but I'm telling you, all my patients came in healthy, paramedics said they couldn't breathe. I checked their airways – it wasn't restricted. But they all had ruptured larynx and clotted blood in their airways. Now, all four are dead before I could even treat them"

"Then you will have to tell Chief Boden and Sharon. This could be negligent homicide"

Sienna scrunches up her face in frustration, "I hope to God this was just accidents and not paramedics trying to kill innocent people."

"Go tell Miss Goodwin, immediately."

After informing Sharon, the chief of services immediately told her to go update Chief Boden since it happened in one of his houses.

Sienna takes Maggie with her to Firehouse 51. When they get there they are welcomed by Kelly and the other guys from Squad 3.

"Hey!" Kelly grins as he stands up to hug them. "What brings you two to our house?"

Sienna gives him a small smile, "We need to discuss something with Boden, is he in?"

Kelly nods, "In his office."

She squeezes his shoulder and the two of them walk into Boden's office.

He looks surprised to see them but welcomes them with a warm smile. Maggie closes the office door.