Chapter 9

Sienna signs off shift and pulls on her normal clothes. She drives off to the local club.

"Hey doc!" Herrmann grins as he spots, in his words, his favourite doctor.

"Hey Herrmann, how are you?"

"Always good, you know me. What can I get you?"

"A beer is fine, thanks Herrmann."

Herrmann hands her a frosty beer. She thanks him and walks back to where Jay is sitting. Antonio gives her a smile but goes to sit down next to his sister and a couple of firefighters.

"Do you enjoy sulking Halstead?"

He gives her a look, "I'm not going to that hospital Fizz. I refuse to go."

Sienna sits down next to him. "He's not going to make it through the night Jay. It's time to bury that hatchet; otherwise this thing is going to break you."

"Sienna" He gives her a hard look, "you are my family and I am yours. Can't we just leave it at that?"

Sienna grabs his hand to give it a kiss, "As your family, I'm strongly advising you to say goodbye."

He downs his beer, "Fine. Let's just get this over with."

**

"Come in with me?" He asks her an hour later when they finally get back to the hospital. Sienna nods her head and follows him inside.

Will is standing by the bed ready to say something but Jay ignores him.

"Dad" Jay whispers. Pat's eyes are barely open but you can see the joy in his eyes for seeing his younger son. He hands Jay a photo while taking Jay's hand in his own.

"Goodbye dad" Will whispers, he hugs his father but Jay walks up to Sienna.

With tears in his eyes he look at her, "I'm done"

"Okay. Let's go."

When they're out of the hospital, Jay stops. He looks at her with a look she hasn't seen in a while. A look of desperation and vulnerability.

"Come here" She grabs him into a tight hug. He finally breaks down.

"He was a son of a bitch but he was there Si."

"Where?"

Jay hands her the photo, it's of when he graduated from the academy. Sienna was there but she can't remember seeing Pat in the audience.

"He had a photo. He was at my graduation. Son of a bitch"

Sienna hugs him again. Tears form in her eyes as Jay cries.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

"I need another drink, and a couple of shots, you in?"

Sienna smiles, "hell yeah"

**

The two drives off to Molly's to find Erin; Antonio; Alvin; Ruzek and Choi sitting at the same place Jay sat before.

"Hey" Erin smiles, her smile drops a bit by the look on Jay's face.

To break the silence, Sienna smiles at the group "how about a round of Tequila on me?"

The group cheer again, ready to avoid the topic of Jay's dad.

"I'll come help you" Antonio suggests.

"I'm sure that's all you're going to do" Alvin taunts causing the group to laugh.

Antonio wraps an arm around Sienna's shoulder and bends down to kiss her. "I want you back in my bed Si"

She laughs as he whispers in her ear.

"You're going to have to ask nicely detective" She smirks. "Hey Otis, can I get a round of Tequila for uh, 7 people?"

"On it gorgeous"

"Hey, I'll kick your ass" Antonio threatens playfully causing Otis; Gabby and Sienna to laugh.

They walk back with the rounds of shots. As soon as the shots are given out Jay makes a toast.

"To family"

"To family"