Chapter 48

Incoming"

Choi and Rhodes are ready for the trauma coming in. The hospital is buzzing at the news. One of their own is on that stretcher - in that ambulance.

We've got a 41-year-old female, status - post-high-speed motor vehicle collision. Blood pressure 90 over 45; heart rate of 118. The patient was found unconscious with a crush injury to her heart and cervical femur."

"Patient has a name" Maggie snaps, "It's Sienna Roberts. Doctor Sienna Roberts."

"Alright people, get your heads in the game. She needs all of us. Let's get her to the Hybrid Trauma, call Neurosurgery and order a head CT"

Antonio runs in a few minutes later after April notified him of the accident. He gets pushed around by nurses and doctors swirling around him. He finally gets to April, out of his mind in worry and distress.

"She was in a car accident. Slipped on the ice and into oncoming traffic. A truck hit her from the driver seat and she tumbled down the road. She has a neck fracture and head trauma, other than that just broken ribs. We don't know anything else."

Antonio rubs his face as he sits down on the chair. "Where is she?"

April sits down next to him, worried about her friend in the trauma room. It doesn't look good.

"In the Hybrid with Rhodes and Choi. She's in good hands"

"Yeah" He whispers, "I uh, I've got to call Jay and Gabby"

"We already took care of that" April smiles, "Just relax Tony, our girl will be fine."

**

Sienna walks to the door and opens the door to reveal Antonio. His jaw falls to the floor and his brown eyes daze into hers.

"Oh wow, you're even prettier up front and close."

She laughs, "That is certainly the warmest welcome I've ever received. Come on in Antonio, we're in the kitchen. Food's almost done."

"Awesome" The detective jumbles over his words. "I, uh, brought wine."

"Thank you detective."

"So when are you starting at Med, Sienna?" Antonio asks a few hours after dinner. The three have entertained some light chatter around the dinner table."Monday morning. I honestly can't wait anymore.""So you're head of the Trauma department? That's cool. How long have you been a surgeon?""14 years, how long have you been a police officer?"15. Beat you with one."

Sienna chuckles, "Have you always been a Chicago cop?"

Antonio nods his head, "Born and bred. Where did you do your residency?"

Sienna smiles at him, "Boston born and bred."

**

"Antonio" Jay runs in, "What the hell happened?"

Antonio clears the tears from his eyes and looks at Jay as the younger man towers over him. "She was in a car accident"

"I know that asshole, I want to know how"

"We had a fight" Antonio sniffs, "She asked for space and then left the house crying. An hour later I got the call."

"You do know that none of this would have happened if you just manned up and took charge of your marriage, right?"

"I do know that" He whispers, more tears replacing fallen ones, "I know I fucked up, and I know for God knows how many months I've been the reason for her tears. I hate myself for that, I hate myself for hurting her. I wish I could take it back but I can't. I love my wife, Jay"