Chapter 21

Five months later

"Talk to me" Sienna runs out with Rhodes; Choi and Manning. Four ambulances come to a halt in front of the hospital with gunshot victims.

"GSW to the face, neck and spinal cord." Sylvie continues reading off his vitals as they steer him into trauma room 1.

"Swap, on my count" Sienna instructs, "1 – 2 – 3"

Gabby stays behind as she stares at her sister-in-law oblivious to what's going on in a different room. Sylvie wraps her arm around Gabby's shoulder, "Let's go"

**

"This isn't ethical Sharon, she has a right to know" Maggie frowns

"It's hospital policy Maggie. She's in with a patient"

"She's in with the guy that shot Jay. This will break her heart"

Sharon sighs, "Roberts is the best surgeon for this case. We all took an oath to save anyone that comes through those doors and that's exactly what she's doing right now."

Maggie nods, "I have patients" She's not happy with the idea but there's nothing she can do.

**

Will Halstead runs into the hospital. He searches the room finding Sergeant Platt sitting alone on the waiting room chair.

She stands up when she sees him, "How is he?"

"They haven't come out. The rest of the team is looking for the second shooter. The first shooter is in surgery"

Will frowns, "Where's Sienna?"

Trudy frowns, "She doesn't know. She's in surgery with the shooter"

Will sits down, running a hand over his face. The rest of the team soon walks in, "Have we heard anything?" Hank asks

"Nothing yet"

Choi walks out a few minutes later wearing a sombre expression on his face. "Jay has three bullets in his chest. The one barely missed his heart. He lost a lot of blood, and his on bypass right now. It's not looking good"

"Oh my God" Erin whispers, tears form in her eyes. After Nadia's death, Erin spiralled out of control. Her colleagues gave up on her. Everyone did, except Jay and Sienna. She owes him everything.

**

Sienna scrubs out of the surgery, one eyebrow raises when she sees Sharon walking in.
"Hey Miss Goodwin, patient is paralysed, that was inevitable. The bullet was lodged in C1 and C2. Otherwise, he's perfectly fine."

Sharon smiles, "That's good" She sighs, "I need to tell you something."

"What's wrong?" Her smile disappears as she throws away her used gloves.

Sharon frowns, "Jay was shot. The guy... the guy you treated was his shooter."

Sienna's face scrunches up in anger, but she's strangely calm. "Where is he?"

"He's on bypass in Choi's OR" Sienna makes a move to leave but Sharon holds her back, "You cannot scrub into that surgery. Choi knows what he's doing"

"I wanna see him" She whispers, "You at least owe me that after I saved the son of a bitch that did this"

"Okay" She agrees, "In the gallery."

Sienna nods and runs to OR 3's gallery. A few doctors are in there taking notes of the procedure. She gasps when she sees him. Her strong best friend lying on a table, bloodied and on a bypass machine – fighting for his goddamn life, his face is beat up and scarred with deep slices.