Chapter 59

Sienna has been keeping busy since Antonio left a month ago by taking on extra shifts and finishing each day boxing at the gym.

She eats an apple while trying to find the energy for a four-hour surgery on a car accident victim. Sharon walks into the doctor's lounge.

"We have more than just you on our trauma team, you know that right?"

"I'm the best though"

Sharon rolls her eyes with a smirk at the arrogance, "go home Sienna, I asked Hemsworth to do the surgery on the car crash Vic"

"I'm doing the surgery"

"Sienna, you're exhausted. You haven't slept since Antonio left; you sign up for terrible surgeries. Go home, get some rest."

"I can't go home Sharon" She whispers, "My husband is somewhere in America at this moment, I can't get in touch with him, and even if I could, I doubt he'd want to hear from his, and I quote, neurotic wife. So I don't want to go home, because home has memories of better times"

Sharon sighs, "I'm not fond of the way Antonio has treated you in the past, and I would have already left if a man spoke to me like he sometimes speaks to you, but you stay because you are a strong woman and if you love someone, you don't leave. Antonio does love you in his own way, he's going to come back and you two will be fine. But you need to sleep."

"I won't do the surgery because I know that will put an innocent woman at risk, but I'm not fit to drive"

"I already called Jay to come to get you" Sharon squeezes her shoulder. "Get some rest and I'll see you back here not earlier than Friday"

"That's four days away"

"I know" The chief deadpans, "He's waiting in the hallway"

Sienna smiles, "You're like a parent"

Sharon laughs, "I have to be sometimes, with you rugrats."

Sienna chuckles and walks out of the room. She hugs her best friend tightly.

"Can we go to eat, I'm starving?"

Jay laughs, "Of course. Come on baby girl"

**

The two decide to drive off to Woodstock to their restaurant. Sienna is playing with the radio.

"You're going to break that thing" Jay complains. "Just put on anything"

She grins happily when a country song blares through the speaker. "This is perfect"

"Fuck I hate country music"

"I can't believe you just said that, how are we still best friends?"

Jay laughs as he signals the turn indicator, "I don't know, I ask myself that every-"

"Watch out!" Sienna yells as a truck drives straight to them. Jay pushes on the break and the truck misses them by an inch.

"That was close"

"Fuck, people drive so fucking reckless"

She barely has a chance to respond when she feels the side of her door collides with another car. The car spins in a circle, all she hears is broken glass and the country song playing on the radio fades away.

"Sienna" She hears someone say, and then she's gone.
It's all faded to black.