Chapter 2

Jay takes her back to his apartment after his shift and tells her to make herself at home. Sienna walks closer to him and hugs him tightly.

"I have news" She tells him softly. Jay's smile drops. "What's up?"

"I got a job as the head of the trauma department at Chicago Medical Centre"

Jay processes the words and then yells excitedly as he pounces on her. He swings her around in happiness.

"You're moving here? How did that happen?"

She laughs as he continues lifting her, "I missed my best friend too much, so I did some research and found an opening in the trauma department. Sharon Goodwin called me back and said she has an opening, so I did an interview on skype and got the job. I wanted to surprise you."

Jay laughs happily, "You did gorgeous girl. I've never been happier."

She smiles and kisses him on the forehead, "I promise I'll start looking for an apartment tomorrow. I won't hog your space"

"You can stay forever, just stay quiet if I bring home the ladies."

Sienna rolls her eyes, "Hmm, as if you bring home any ladies"

"You're mean. But, seriously" He casts a pleading grin, "Please stay. My apartment is big enough for five of us, I have an empty room. Please move in with me. I'd love to have you here."

She grins, "Just like old times?"

"Just like old times."

**

"My friend is coming for dinner tonight; you want to order in or something?" Jay asks a while later. It's Friday evening and Jay's not on shift this weekend. It's been a week since Sienna moved to Chicago.

"Let me cook"

He grins, "I missed your cooking. I'll help you. What can I do?"

"You can pour me a glass of wine"

He pours a glass of red for her and grabs a beer for himself. "You don't mind Antonio coming? He's a bit shy but cool, once you get to know him"

Sienna smiles, "Is he hot?"

Jay laughs, "I don't necessarily think guys are hot Si."

Sienna boils the pasta, "I can tell you now that Erin is cute, and I think you guys will make a wonderful couple."

Jay sits down on the kitchen chair, "Don't start with that Si. She wants absolute nothing to do with me."

"Why? You're a catch?"

Jay chuckles, "Thanks, I'll be sure to tell her that. She doesn't want to date someone she works with because of her father-daughter relationship with the boss. I'm not going to push it Si, I can't. Not again."

Sienna sighs as she wraps her arms around her best friend. "I'm sorry Jay."

The doorbell rings, "I'll get it. Check the pasta please, I think it's ready."

He nods and takes off the pasta from the stove. Sienna walks to the door and opens the door to reveal Antonio. His jaw falls to the floor and his brown eyes daze into hers.

"Oh wow, you're even prettier up front and close."

She laughs, "That is certainly the warmest welcome I've ever received. Come on in Antonio, we're in the kitchen. Food's almost done."

"Awesome" The detective jumbles over his words. "I, uh, brought wine."

"Thank you detective."

**

"So when are you starting at Med, Sienna?" Antonio asks a few hours after dinner. The three have entertained some light chatter around the dinner table.

"Tomorrow morning" She beams, "Monday morning. I honestly can't wait anymore."

"So you're head of the Trauma department? That's cool. How long have you been a surgeon?"

Jay grins as his friend tries to keep the conversation going with Sienna. He's known Antonio for four years already and has never seen the detective trying to impress a girl. Antonio's always been the flirt – the player. He can imagine Si and Antonio together. Si needs a good man, after everything she – they – experienced in Afghanistan – she needs a good man.

"14 years, how long have you been a police officer?"

Antonio grins. Jay rolls his eyes – he's not even part of this fucking conversation.

"15. Beat you with one."

Sienna chuckles, "Have you always been a Chicago cop?"

Antonio nods his head, "Born and bred. Where did you do your residency?"

Sienna smiles at him, "Boston born and bred."

Jay clears his throat loudly, "I'm still here guys."

Sienna laughs as Antonio cracks a smirk, "Who could forget you Jay-Bay?" She kisses Jay on the cheek, "Who wants dessert – well, ice cream?"