Chapter 47

At 7pm Sienna leaves the hospital to go back to her house she shares with Antonio. She hasn't been there in 5 weeks, just looking at the outside of the house makes her miss him more. This is their dream house, they shouldn't be living separately. When did everything get so messed up?

Unsure of what to do, she chooses to rather knock on the wooden front door than just enter. Antonio opens the door a few seconds later, his face falls when he sees her. "You shouldn't be knocking on your own front door."

"Antonio, please-"

"I know" He rubs a hand over his face as he steps to the side to let her in, "I caused this. I take on full responsibility for fucking us up but I regret it, I'm sorry, and I just want to take it all back"

She sighs, "I don't think you can."

He takes in a sharp breath, those words have to be expected, but it hurts nonetheless.

"Baby, I'm sorry" Tears escape his eyes as a shaky hand grabs hold of hers. "You're still wearing your ring. That has to mean something"

She rips her hand out of his hold. He buries his shaky hands in the pockets of his jean. "I-I made dinner. Chicken pasta. You hungry?"

"No Antonio" She frowns, "I can't eat dinner with you and pretend everything is fine. For months you pretended I don't exist. That and not having your support hurt more than anyone can ever understand. But I was still willing to work things out. I was willing to fight for our marriage. Then I heard from gabby that you've been cheating on me for God knows how long, I can't fight for a husband who would do such a thing."

His insides freeze up as the words hit him, at a loss of words he opens his mouth like a fish out of water. "Si, I'm begging you, please don't do this. Don't do this" He begs her, tears are falling down both their faces.

"I haven't signed the divorce papers, but I still need time. I need to figure out what I want to do about us. You need to give me space and time."

His jaw clenches, "You promise you won't sign the papers?"

"I don't know yet" She whispers

Antonio takes a timid step closer to her, his nose breathing in her scent of coconut and vanilla. "I tore up my copy and told the lawyer I don't want to go through with it."

"If you that before cheating on me, I would have also tore up mine but It might be too late now"

"Goddammit Sienna, I said sorry what else do you want?" Antonio raises his voice in frustration. "Please just give another chance, I'll do better. I'll be better. I promise you. Please baby, I'm begging you."

"Just give me time and space Antonio. You owe me at least that."

She walks out of the house she used to call her own and drives off aware of the desperate man lingering in the front door. Tears are streaming down her face. Only a second of not looking at the road, trying to dab her eyes with a tissue, she loses control on the snow and swirls into incoming traffic.

She hears a crash, she feels the car locking in her body. She can see blood on her arms and then nothing.

Only complete silence and then it's black.