Chapter 22

Antonio went to get breakfast the next morning before work. Sienna is still rooted in the same spot with her hand in Jay's limp one when she hears a strangled sound. She lifts her head and looks at Jay. His eyes are open – barely. "Water" He whispers

She brings his head up and puts the straw in his mouth. When he's finished drinking he lies back down and stares at her.

"You're a sight for sore eyes" He whispers making her laugh. She kisses him on the forehead, "You almost died."

"I didn't" He's still in a lot of pain but that sense of humour of him is still 100% intact.

"Yeah you didn't. How do you feel Jay-Jay?"

"Like a train smashed through me" She chuckles, "I'm going to get Choi, alright?"

Upon Jay's refusal she sits back down, "No. Just stay here with me for a bit. Where's Erin?"

"She's on her way" Sienna smiles, "She was so worried about you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah"

He smiles softly, "I'm going to ask her to marry me" He whispers causing Sienna to smile brightly. "Finally"

"You'll need to help me with a ring"

"Definitely" She grins kissing him on the forehead, "I'm so happy for you... and you have no idea how glad I am that you're okay."

Jay smiles, "Love you Si"

"Love you too"

**

"Baby" Sienna calls as she walks into the house a few weeks later. She finished a week of being on-call and is off duty for the weekend. Three days of sleeping in and watching movies sound just about the best thing right now. Antonio walks out of the garage wearing only his jeans. Sienna sighs when she sees the oil staining his jeans.

"You're all dirty" She comments, her mouth is watering at how sexy he looks but she also knows she'll be the unlucky one to try and clean his jeans. Lord knows the man can't wear old clothes when fixing his damn car.

"My car needed an oil change" He replies back cutely. "You think I look sexy?"

"You know I do" She steps forward with a grin, wrapping her arms around his waist. "But I also know that getting that oil out of your jeans will be impossible."

Antonio smirks, "Nothing is impossible" He leans down to kiss her.

"How was work?" She asks as Antonio lies her down on the couch with him hovering above her.

He presses his lips to hers, "A father trying to get his daughter back held Mouse hostage. She was a victim of a prostitute drug ring. We got her back for him"

"Is she okay?"

Antonio nods, "Medics treated her"

Sienna smiles, "Aren't you going to ask me about my day?"

Antonio laughs as he kisses her again, "I'm not the nosy one who wants to know everyone's business."

Sienna pouts in mock offense, "I'm not sure why I married you"

He chuckles, "It's because I'm so damn attractive"

"Yeah sure," She slaps his shoulder. He smiles genuinely at her. "How was your day babe?"

"Not that you care" She emphasizes it causing him to roll his eyes. She knows he cares. She knows he cares a lot. "My last case was a mom who came in. She was in a car crash with her son. She's fine, but the baby suffered from a head injury. Well after two surgeries, Rhodes and I got the baby cleared. He's going to stay in observation for a day or two but he's fine."

Antonio smiles, "That's amazing"

"Hmm" She grins, "You should have seen that mother's look when we told her that her baby is fine. I've never seen such joy in someone's eyes like that."

Antonio smiles at the complete joy on her face, he kisses her lips again. "You're incredible, you know that?"

"Why do you say that?"

"You get invested in your cases. You're fucking phenomenal with your patients. There were three main reasons why I fell in love with you – your passion for your job, your compassion with people"

"What's the third reason?"

He smiles cheekily at her, "That you chose me even with all the bullshit that comes with me."

She smiles, "Yeah, I just felt sorry for you being single and all." She teases him causing him to shake his head with a barking laugh. He punishes her with tickles to her neck – something she can't stand.

She laughs loudly, "I'm joking. I'm joking." When they are both calmed down she cradles his cheek and turns serious. "I fell in love with a man I know isn't always good with words, but he's damn good at making me feel like a queen."