Chapter 45

The detective ignores the hateful glares thrown by Jay at work the entire 9-hour-shift they have together. He goes on with his day, without caring what the younger detective has to say. Jay should keep his opinions about Antonio's marriage to himself.

When 6pm comes, he grabs his leather jacket and leaves the district. In frustration, he rolls his eyes and comes to an involuntary halt when Jay grabs his shoulder.

"I'm on my way out Jay, what do you want?" He's not stupid, he knows the younger detective has probably been waiting to kick his ass into December but he doesn't give a shit. Antonio sees no future with the blonde doctor anymore. He wants a family – Lord knows he deserves one, and being married to her keeps him from having one.

Halstead scoffs, "Do you even know what Si and I are going through at this moment? Do you know that she didn't have a clue what really happened to one of our men in Afghanistan but she's protecting me. Do you know that her protecting me could maybe cost her her licence to practise medicine if it ever gets out? Do you care about her at all because I know she needs you right now"

"I don't give a shit what's going on with her. I have plans, excuse me."

Without a second thought Jay swings back and hits Antonio right in the nose. The detective staggers back from the shot but retaliates in the start of a fist fight. Adam and Kevin run out to pull them off each other a few minutes later.

"Stop it!" Adam yells, "What the hell is with you two?"

Jay rips himself out of Kevin's hold, "I'm done with this fuck face" He storms off as Antonio wipes the blood from his nose. He too rips his body out of the officer's hold and worldlessly gets into his car. Like he said, he has plans.

**

"You shouldn't have hit him" Sienna chuckles sadly, "Now you'll have a bruise on your face the size of Texas"

Jay smirks, "He's hurting you and breaking his promise to me. Of course I'm going to punch him. I wish I could have done more but the two idiots just had to hold us out"

"Breaking his promise to you?" She asks confused as she brings back a frozen bag of peas for him. He gives her a tender smile, "I had him promise he'd never hurt you, he'd never break your heart."

She hugs him tightly as tears escape her eyes, "Thank you for always having my back"

He smirks, "You always have my back as well."

**

Kelly is enjoying a conversation with Gabby when Antonio and a random brunette stagger in, both clearly smitten and drunk. He has his arm around the small of her back and she's leaning in to kiss him.

"What the fuck is this?" Gabby glares at the pair. Either the brunette is dumb as fuck or she doesn't care about the wedding ring on Antonio's finger.

"Jay said he's been stepping out on Si since the adoption process fell through." Kelly says, his tone bitter and the hate for the detective he once called a friend is clear in his eyes.

"Adoption process takes a while – sometimes years. Antonio is a dirtbag for cheating on her. I don't care if he's my brother, he's screwing up and this will bite him in the ass"

"I know that" Kelly watches Gabby storm up to them. Antonio's glazed eyes are only focused on the random brunette's ass when Gabby all but shows them the door.

**

That Monday, Sienna is aware of the sword that is hanging over her and Jay's head – the sword called Oscar. She doesn't let it scare her, he would have made a move by now if he was serious about taking them to court. Jay and Sienna are the only two still alive from the entire 2001 platoon. It's heartbreaking to her, she loved those men like they were family. Hell, they are the only family she ever really knew.

She has just finished a surgery of a man in a car accident and gets ready to take on her post as delegator to relief Maggie when a man walks in calling her name.

"Can I help you?" She asks the man. He shoves papers in her hands, "You've been served"

Sienna frowns and opens the file. Her world comes crashing down when she sees the context, her entire day turns to shit in a matter of one sentence

Petition For Dissolution of Marriage