5

puppy eyes

"Come on Anastasia. Dance!" Reya smiled reaching over to grab the girl's arm.

Anastasia shook her head and yanked her arm away from the now pouting girl. I watched with a sad smile as Reya gave me puppy eyes while pointing to Anastasia who gave her a bored look.

"Reya, go dance with Jack, he looks lonely." I motion with my head towards the boy lazily nodding his head to the beat.

She scrunches her nose in disgust and shakes her head no. I raise a brow and motion for her to move it. Slightly defeated she moves her feet in the direction of the boy.

Ana sighs inaudibly and lays her head on the table. Some loose hair laid across her small face as she rested her eyes. I wonder who picked out her clothes, because she was always matching and looked very well put together. Today she was wearing a bright red dress that ruffled around the collar with embroidered cherries lining it. In her hair that was neatly flowing behind her was a crisp white bow that held up half of her hair in a ponytail.

"Ms. Luna, is it almost lunch time?"

"Johnny you just got here from home-"

"B-but I'm hungry."

I sigh and shake my head. Then an idea popped into my head: why not have them write little journals to express themselves? Maybe that would take his mind off food. I smiled and clapped my hands earning a weird glance from Anastasia, I cleared my throat.

"I have an awesome idea! How about we have a daily writing session."

"Like in words?" A kid asked, picking his nose.

"Bruh I can't even write my own name..." Another kid says slightly pouting.

"Yeah you can! See it's already on your paper dummy."

You frowned. "O-or you can draw."

"Ew! Jack stop picking your nose!" Reya cried covering her eyes.

Several other students grimaced and those close to him scooted their seats away from him.

"Uhm... anyways It doesn't matter as long as I understand where you're coming from. It can be a story or something you did recently..." My eyes unintentionally drifted to Anastasia and I awkwardly looked away.

I really hope she doesn't write about yesterday. That would be embarrassing.

Passing around some of the empty journals that were laying in the cupboard, I quietly watched my students get straight to work. My eyes drifted over to Anastasia to see her staring down blankly at the page before her. The pencil was laying just beside the notebook unmoving. I frowned slightly, maybe this wasn't the best activity for her.

The time quickly came for me to drop the kids off at P.E. I made them line up and led them to the gym where Jungkook happily took them off my hands. As I was going back to my room I saw Jimin in his office and knocked on his door.

"Oh Luna." He warmly smiled.

"Hi. Uh can I talk to you?" I asked, stepping into his office.

His eyes shifted to the door and I silently closed it and brought myself to sit in one of the spare chairs he had in front of his desk.

"So what's this about? Is it the kids?!" He exclaims, eyes widening with worry.

I quickly shake my head with a smile. "Well yes but just one in particular. It's about Anastasia... I want her to not be so closed into herself all the time. I feel that something is going on at home-"

"I can assure you that her life at home is fine-"

"How do you know? If you don't mind me asking." I curiously raise a brow at the blonde man before me.

He chuckles under my gaze and begins to drum the tips of his fingers on the desk.

"I'm one of her uncles, well sort of uncle." He smiles.

I would have questioned it but I didn't want to bring up my embarrassing moment with the man Anastasia called Uncle Hobi. I nodded my head and decided to drop the topic, it wasn't my business to begin with anyways.

"Well. I just feel like she's not being herself." I mumble glancing at the nice decoration he had around his office, no pictures of any family though.

"Don't worry she'll come around, just give her some time and space- oh and also parent teacher conferences are on Friday so please be prepared for that." Jimin waved goodbye as I shut the door behind myself.

I don't think she needs time and space I think she needs someone to talk to. If what Jimin really says is true, that he is her uncle- I wonder who actually listens to the girl. What if she really does have issues at home but no one to listen to her? Could that be the reason why she's so distant?

🌼🌼🌼

School finished pretty quickly and this time Ana didn't have a nightmare. I made it to my house short before six with a few bags of groceries in hand. My puppy Snickerdoodle happily greeted me at the door as I took off my shoes. Upon further entering the house I spot Mau-mau and Nochu asleep together on the couch. My heart filled with joy at the sight, my precious babies are so cute.

"Snickerdoodle what should I eat for dinner tonight?" I patted his back as he uses his hind legs to jump on mine. His tongue hanging out as he lets out a little barks here and there.

I laugh and kiss the top of his head. "How about I eat a black bean veggie burger and some french fries? Sounds good to me."

Snickerdoodle barks once in the direction of the entryway to the kitchen. I also look down with him to see a tumbling fluffy ball of grey on the ground.

"Awe my little baby!" I squeal, picking Nochu up and snuggling him close to my neck.

His nose twitches quietly as I bring his nose to mine.

"Nochu~ why are you so cute? My little baby bunny." I sing making my way to the freezer to take out the burgers and french fries.

His little squeaks continue as I place the rack full of fries into the oven.

"Ugh I'm tired." I yawn resting my head against Mau-mau's. Snickerdoodle was in my lap and Nochu on my chest peacefully asleep.

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

{1069 words}