22

icy kaleidoscope

Not being able to reach down and free myself I blindly kick my foot upwards. A yelp leaves Taehyung's mouth and he falls right beside me, wincing. I frown with worry. If my thoughts are correct I hit the man right in the family planning.

"Taehyung I'm so sorry!" I say reaching over to touch his shoulder.

He doesn't say anything and continues to hold the pillow over himself. I watch helplessly as he takes a moment to gather himself together.

"Why would you kick upwards?" He asks, looking up at me with narrowed eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I didn't know your thingy was right...there." I whine hitting the pillow on him. Earning another groan from him. My eyes widened in horror. I just hit him again in the same spot.

"Oh my god!" I cry leaning over to hug him.

"I fucking hate you." He mumbles into my shoulder.

I laugh and lean away from him for a moment, just realizing I had hugged him and he let me... I sat up even more and glanced away from him. A little blush began to set my ears on fire. Taehyung makes a small cough.

"I- I'm sorry." I say turning back to look down at him.

He was already looking at me and raised a brow. I nodded my head and continued to speak.

"It wasn't very mature of me to say all those things about you, calling you an asshole. Even going as far as to be around Ana when you specifically told me not to...I- I'm really sorry Taehyung." I whisper the end and take my gaze off of him.

My chest no longer felt heavy after that. A weight that I had been carrying for quite some time was no longer felt on my shoulders. I smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tried to push you away when we first met. I guess I just thought you would be like every other woman that tried to get close to Ana and I."

"Huh? Who said I wanted to get close to you?" I smirk, bumping my fist into his shoulder.

He rolls his eyes with a small smile. "You know what I meant. Moving on...I should have let you just keep doing what you were doing. It seemed like Ana trusted you more than she did her own father...even telling you what she had been dreaming about." He sighed and slowly sat up.

I watched as he carefully wiped at his eyes. I brought my hand to his shoulder and turned him to face me. He tried to shift his face in the other direction but I grabbed his chin.

"Don't hide, please. It's okay to cry." I whisper, rubbing my thumb carefully along his jawline. "I don't know what it's like to have a missing child, but I can be here to listen and comfort you. The only thing you have to do is let me, help you."

"I don't want to hurt anymore. I try so hard to be happy but my mind always goes back to the old memories..."

He wipes a stray tear and glances at me. His eyes were red and glossy as a pink tint kissed his nose and cheeks. Even while crying he looks beautiful. I frowned. Why couldn't I look like that?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He whispers, voice wavering a bit.

I take my hand off his face and scoot back a bit. "Oh I-nothing." I quickly say.

"What memories?" I asked, changing the topic.

He cleared his throat but the tears in his eyes remained. Icy kaleidoscopes pierced right through me as he recalled the earlier years of his marriage with his ex-wife, Chungha.

"The one's where she would yell at us for the smallest things and then sometimes even hit us. She never laid more than one hit on Ana, before I would stop her and she'd start to hit me."

"I'm sorry y'all had to go through that-"

"I still miss her." He whispers, causing me to stop talking.

He then leans into me. Sort of like a hug except his arms weren't around me, but his body was on mine. I froze, where the heck was this going?

"Don't hate me for it. Please." He says sniffling.

"I- I miss when Ana would be reading with her mom, smiles adorning their beautiful faces. I would come home to a complete family- one that I was glad to call mine. I miss it all and just want the hurt to go away...tell me Luna." He says taking his head off my shoulder and bringing his hand to my chin to face him.

Oh dang. What's he doing now? I wondered, silently watching his eyes gaze deeply into mine.

"How do I make the pain go away? I can't stand feeling like this any longer. What did I do wrong to make my wife leave me?" He whispers leaning in.

"You didn't do anything wrong. Her leaving y'all was her own loss. As for your other concerns I mean you could get yourself a girlfriend a-and listen to your daughter's pleas for help. That's how some people clear up that problem..." I dumbly stated.

He didn't say anything and that's when I noticed we were pretty close to one another. As I could feel his breath on my face. My mind went into panic mode when he started to lean in even closer. The comfortable bubble was popped and I was not having it.

"Ow!" He yelled in pain as I smacked his forehead to get him away from me.

"The fuck was that for?!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "You were too close." I briefy said scooting a bit away from him.

I wasn't going to tell him what I thought he was going to do. That would have made me look stupid.

"I was trying to be nice and get a piece of lint off your lip. Then you go and smack the crap out of me?" He shook his head and rubbed the now red spot on his forehead.

It was at this moment I wanted to go and shoot myself with a kaknife. A small sigh left my lips when a loud knock on the door came from the door. Namjoon walked in with his hands casually tucked away into his jeans pockets.

"Alright so how's it looking?" He asks, throwing the two of us a curious glance.

Even though I was still shaky from what had almost happened, I brushed it off and threw an arm over Taehyungs' shoulder. The side of his body flush against mine as I leaned my head on his to make my words more believable.

"Best friends...right Taehyung?"

He didn't say anything at first so I looked over him to see that he was staring at me. I elbowed his side to snap him out of it.

"Err y-yeah best friends. Uh huh." He coughed bringing an arm to my shoulder.

Namjoon looked somewhat convinced but more weirded out than anything. He shrugged his shoulders and left the room and door wide open.

"Well then I guess you're free to go."

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

{1216 words}