44

not now...later

Author's POV

Taehyung grabbed his daughter's hands and led her down the hallway. He knew this was supposed to be a nice night hanging with his friends and Luna, but he had to keep Ana in check. This was now the second time the little girl had called someone 'mom'.

"You can't just throw around that word so carelessly! What's wrong with you?" He harshly whispered, fed up with his daughter's antics.

The last time Ana had used the m word was when Taehyung brought his new girlfriend, Sunmi home. The poor woman was traumatized upon realizing the man had a daughter. So while the door was still open she booked it for her car and took off. That was the last the duo had seen of her.

Taehyung ran his hand down the side of his face in a defeated manner. He was tired of this, although it did seem like Ana and Luna got along pretty well. He was still scared and wanted to tread lightly with this relationship or whatever he had with Luna was. The man knew what he wanted but didn't want to mess anything up.

"Daddy I just really want her to be my mom." Ana softly replied, grabbing her father's large hand from his face with her small ones.

With gentle eyes he watched her stare helplessly at him. Maybe it would be alright if she knew my plan. He thought.

The moment her father stuck out his pinky she confusedly glanced down at it. "What are you doing?"

He smiled. "I was already going to ask Luna to be my girlfriend." He kept his pinky out as she glanced back up at him. "But I want you to promise me that until the time is right you won't say a word to her."

When the word girlfriend left her father's lips Ana did a 180 on her mood. It was exciting if Luna were to say 'yes' she would be well on her way to gaining a new mom for real.

"I promise!" She squealed. Her little pinky going in to lick with her fathers to seal the deal. "I won't say anything." Ana then nodded to confirm she was all in for it.

"Alright then."

"Oh and I just wanted to say that Ms. Luna and I used to call each other school mommy and daughter while at school."

Her pout reappears only to falter at the sight of a smiling Taehyung. Ana raises a brow.

"As long as Luna is comfortable with it, that's fine with me." Taehyung then pulls his daughter into his arms and kisses the top of her head.

"Come on princess." He says getting up and leading the way to the door. "Let's go watch a movie."

As soon as the two emerged from the dark hallway Ana ran straight for Luna, who sat on the edge of the couch next to Jin.

Luna slowed the five year old for a moment to hug her and when Ana lifted her head she patted the open spot next to her and Jin.

"Sit with me?" Luna casually said with hopeful eyes.

She didn't know exactly what was spoken between Ana and Taehyung but since there were no tears from the young girl she figured all was well. The thought was answered when Ana leaned in to Luna's ear to whisper a question before the movie began.

"Can I call you mommy outside of school?" She quietly asked.

The soft blue light from the tv fell upon the little girl's face. Luna felt a burst of energy suddenly. She wanted to cry, laugh and do something fun. All she ever wanted to be was a mother and even though Ana was just a student who had a dad that seemed to like Luna she would take any chance she got to be closer to the family of two. Because they made her happy. So with teary eyes Luna smiled and brought Ana in for a tight hug.

"Of course sweetie." She said, whisperering into her sleek black hair. "I'll be whatever you want me to be."

🌼🌼🌼

The night ended with a nice movie and half of the guests left knocked out in various places of the living room.

Taehyung sat up from his recliner and scanned the large space. On the love seat was Yoongi and Hoseok, their heads leaning on each other and their feet dangling off opposite sides of the couch. Glancing at the floor, Taehyung amusedly rolled his eyes to see Namjoon and Jimin cuddled together on the floor with a few blankets and pillows.

He then finally looked to the biggest couch. On one side was Jin clutching a pillow in his arms and on the other side, leaning on the armrest was Luna with Ana fast asleep in her lap. The little girl had her tiny arms wrapped around Luna's waist as her head lay comfortably on her chest. A baby blue blanket was draped over the two of them, making it an even more adorable scene.

Taehyung's heart sped up as he neared the biggest couch where his daughter was. He felt bad for scolding her earlier but was glad the two of them made up with a promise.

His eyes stopped on Luna and he sighed. He didn't know what to call it. Was it a crush? Taehyung had no clue, but what he did know was that she made his little girl a very happy person. But could he find it in his heart to try and find love again? He was hurt so badly after his ex-wife and last girlfriend that it all seemed like only bad luck was on his side when it came to love.

I could give it one more try. He thought, but then shook his head no. Bad idea. He and his daughter would just get hurt again. He didn't even realize he was full on staring at Luna until she stirred, causing Ana to let out a little whine in protest to her moving.

"So have you made up your mind yet?" A voice asked from down below.

Taehyung jumped in surprise as he saw Namjoon curiously staring at him. How long had he been watching him? He didn't know, only that it was creepy as heck. Well then he also remembered that he too had been staring at someone like a weirdo.

"On what?" He asked, seemingly oblivious to what the elder was hinting at.

Namjoon scoffed with amusement. "You know what I'm talking about. Stop playing." His dark eyes twinkled from the soft light of the moving figures on the tv screen.

Taehyung glanced down at Namjoon and shrugged his shoulders. " Nope I really don't. Oh! You mean the deal I have to sign off on-"

"You freaking idiot. I'm talking about Luna!" Namjoon unintentionally raised his voice, but no one woke from their slumber.

"Oh." Taehyung muttered, taking his eyes off Namjoon and turned his head to look at the sleeping woman before him. "I- well I'll ask her, but not now...later."

Namjoon looked on with a knowing smile as he watched Taehyung's eyes repeatedly move back and forth. He was watching the two sleeping females, cuddled close to each other. Namjoon knew this was the right decision- even if Taehyung claimed to be fine alone, Namjoon could tell he was lying. Just looking at the man now told a whole story. He was hurt and needed healing from someone who could not only help him but change his daughter for the better and that person was no other than Luna herself.

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

{1349 words}

a/n: So we all know where this going to go 😳... bruh I got one more chapter for you and then we'll have an epilogue 🥰 Thank you for reading I appreciate you taking the time to give my book a chance. This story has been sitting in my google drive since early May and I didn't start posting until end of June :) I'll see y'all next week!

~ xoxo lola