33

mother figure

I let my head sag forward as having to hold it up started to give me a headache. Barely keeping eyes open I hear Chungha end the call. Her feet come into my view and then her hand is slapping my face. I raise my head to look at her, but she turns away and calls for someone at the door.

The door to the small room opens and in comes a woman with dark brown hair and a matching pair of warm brown eyes walks in. She nods to Chungha and then heads over to me.

"Don't even think about trying to communicate with them we took your little microphones." Her fists shake and the little black bulbs shine in the florescent lights from above.

With one last look Chungha shuts the door carefully behind her. I let the familiar looking woman take my face into her cold hands so she can check my head.

"Do we know each other?" I softly asked as she opened the purple medical box.

Her small hands quickly work to get out a sterile wipe and some scissors. She takes my head back into her hands before she answer me.

"I'm sorry I don't think we h-"

"The school." I interrupt, remembering I caught a glimpse of her face before she ran out the door. "You're Mia, Right? The teacher that quit."

She stops wiping and looks at me for a moment. Her eyes enlarge in recognition before a smile graces her pink lips.

"Oh- yeah that would be me. What's your name sweetheart?" She asks, setting the now red stained wipe onto the floor beside herself.

"I'm Luna."

"So you probably covered for me then." Mia said while cutting a piece of tape. The snipping of the scissors being the only sound in the room besides our breathing.

"Can I ask why you quit...I remember you calling the kids demons."

Mia doesn't hesitate to admit she hated those kids. She recalled having to yell at them so many times to behave and that her worst experience was when she accidentally fell asleep and they decided to put Elmers glue in her hair.

I couldn't imagine my students being so reckless. Sure they had their moments but these stories were starting to sound a little exaggerated.

"Do you mind if I asked how you came to be with Chungha?"

Her eyes shifted to mine before she gave a sad smile. I waited patiently as she gathered the supplies and placed them back into the box.

"Believe or not when I quit my teaching job I was somehow casted by Chungha herself. I remember being at the mall when she told me how much I would love it at her company."

It was eerily similar to how Chungha and I had met. Only I was being held captive and Mia here was on her own free will?

"So are you a model now?" I wondered out loud.

Mia snorted quietly and with a shake of her head, I frowned. She brought her legs to her chest and gave me her full attention.

"Not many know this but Chungha is declaring bankruptcy...part of the reason why she kidnapped Ana and then eventually you." Mia suddenly revealed. Her dark eyes watching my mouth drop open in shock.

"So that's why she wants Taehyung's company? And you're helping her achieve it?"

Mia shook her head 'no'.

What is she going to do? Use us as a negotiating thing?" I rolled my eyes with a sarcastic smile.

I watched as Mia clicked her teeth. "That's exactly what she's planning on doing."