15

school mommy and daughter

The kids were with Yoongi when I decided to decorate the classroom with some of the new things I had found at the craft store. I turned on some music and got straight to work. The old and weathered posters ended up in the trash, along with the yucky erasable markers and some of the toys.

Just as I was wiping down the table's light knocking sound at the door. I looked up to see Jimin entering with a warm smile.

"Hi, I need some help?" Jimin asked, not waiting for me to answer and just started to wipe down tables with me.

It was quiet for some odd seconds before one of us spoke. He must have felt my eyes on him not long after he began cleaning, because he spoke first.

"Uhm, so Taehyung and I talked this morning. What happened between the two of you?" Jimin asked watching me toss a dirtied wipe into the can beside me.

I glanced at the table for a second to think. Jimin kept his gaze soft and it seemed as though he wanted to hear both sides of the story. I will definitely admit fault it was my bunny that decided to attack him, but to tell me that I have to stay from his daughter that was a little harsh. I was only trying to help.

I sigh and look over at Jimin, who was now leaning on the round table behind him.

"Well...at first he was mad because Nochu bit him. I tried to justify myself and then he brought up the fact that I had texted and said to to leave them alone." I replied furrowing my eyebrows.

I still felt hurt at what he had said. He was so angry with me. Maybe I was right whatever has happened to Ana must have affected her father just as much if not more.

"Luna, don't listen to him. He's just trying to keep Ana safe. I won't keep the two of you away from each other, because to be honest with you, I think Ana having you beside her has been the biggest positive experience that little girl has had for a while." The smiling man patted my arm and left me on my own.

🌼🌼🌼

"So anyways Ana had Nochu in her arms and the BAM that bunny pounced on Taehyung and then guess what?" Jungkook paused watching his older friends try and guess the next part of the story.

I silently watched the boys take turns failing to guess the right answer. Jin was laughing so hard he sounded more like your average Windex spray than a handsome human being. I smiled but held back a small laugh.

"Uhm he sneezed on him?" Yoongi asked, gaining weird glances from Jungkook and Jin. "What?" The shorter male asked.

"Bunnies don't sneeze." Jin muttered, laughing right afterwards,

"Actually, they do its rare and usually means-"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and cut off Namjoon to continue his previous story that took place yesterday. Namjoon huffeed a sigh mumbling a "they're getting sick."

"Anyways he bit him!" Jungkook wheezed, while Jin smacked the table with the palm of his hand.

Namjoon, Yoongi and I watched the duo laugh their heads off. Did the other two not think it was funny?

"Oh yeah what did Taehyung say after Ana and I left?" Jungkook asked bumping his arm with mine.

I felt hot with embarrassment. As far I knew only Jimin was aware of what went down, but he might tell the rest of them if they asked. I didn't want to put their friend in a bad light so I'll tell half of it for now. I put on a fake smile.

"He told me that I should watch out for my bunny next time. That's all." I nervously laugh when he's still looking at me. Jungkook's eyes narrowed into slits and his eyebrows raised with surprise.

"That's it?" He questions, not believing me.

Before he could ask me anything else the bell rings and I gladly take my students back to the classroom. I didn't have to look over my shoulder to know that the group of four were staring at me.

As soon as recess began I shut the back door and took my spot on the carpet where Ana was already sitting. The little girl had a fairytale book in hand and was silently reading.

"Daddy told me not to hang out with you anymore." Ana sadly spoke while looking down at her book. "Is it because I ran away from him?" Her teary eyes glanced up at me and I watched as a single tear fell her dark and glittery eyes.

My heart jumped when she let out a soft cry and crawled over to me. I silently wrapped my arms around the little girl and hugged her.

"Oh Ana. It's my fault your father told you to stay away from me." I whispered resting my chin on top of her head.

"B-but why would he try to take away the only person that makes me happy?"She shakily whimpered, wiping sme stray tears off her now puffy and red face.

"I make you happy?" I asked her, lifting up her small face to see her more clearly.

She sniffled with a simple nod. "Yes...you're my school mommy, because I don't have one." Her tears resurfaced again and I pulled her face into my chest to console her.

It brought a smile to face to know she felt that way about me. My heart fluttered with happiness. it didn't matter if Taehyung told me to stay away, how could I? I had such an effect on his daughter that even thought of not being around me made her devastated. I held her tighter and poured out my heart.

"Ana?" I whispered softly.

She hummed in response, not taking her face away from me. I cleared my throat to speak.

"I just want you to know that I think of you as my school daughter. What your daddy says he can shove it up his ass- or no butt I mean butt" I corrected myself earning a squeaky laugh from the girl in front of me.

"Anyways if something makes you happy- go for it. Promise me." I pause to meet her eyes.

Her eyes were rimmed red and skin a pink tint. I sighed and patted the top of her head. "Ana, promise me that whatever you're dealing with even as a young girl you won't let it consume you. Whenever you need and I mean whenever it doesn't matter, I'll always be here to help."

She smiled and hugged me once more mumbling a small 'thank you school mommy' into the sleeve of my shirt.

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

{1139 words}

a/n: That's precious 😭 I'll see y'all next time when I update!

~ xoxo lola 🤍