Chapter 18

(Ruby's POV)

I was at the punch bowl at the dance. I didn't have a date and I don't think I can dance in these high heels.

Jaune: So you're hiding by the punch bowl too?

Ruby: Yep.

I looked at Jaune, guess he didn't have a date either. I figured he would have gone with Pyrrha. I looked out to the dance floor and saw my mom dancing with All Might.

Ruby:"I have always seen them together, I wonder if they are hiding something."

Ozpin: Are you two not enjoy yourselves?

Jaune:Ozpin?

Ruby: It's just I have a lot on my mind.

Ozpin: You know, days like these are necessary. A day were we don't need to worry about Grimm and friends can get together. Even some of the best huntsmen need time to rest. So you two should enjoy tonight.

Jaune: Alright Ozpin.

I nodded and decided to walk outside to get some fresh air. When I was out side, I saw a figure in black running on the rooftops. I quickly went to get Crescent Rose just incase something went wrong. I walked to the building to see a guard knocked out.

Ruby: Who did this? And why the communication tower?

I walked in and saw a bunch of knocked out guards. I walked to see the elevator going to the top floor. If there is a bad guy here, they are definitely up there. I walked up and pushed a button for the elevator door to open. I got in and went to the top floor and readied Crescent Rose. The elevator reached the top floor and walked in cautiously.

Ruby: Hello, is anyone here?

I looked around and a girl in black appeared and tried to shoot something at me. I used Crescent Rose to block the projectiles and started to shoot at her. She blocked my shots with just one hand and part of her clothes started to glow orange and fired what seemed like black glass. I blocked them and heard the elevator. I turned to see Ozpin walk in.

Ruby: Ozpin! Help me with this lady!

Ozpin: What lady?

After I heard him say that, I quickly turned around to see the room completely empty.

Ruby: Where did she go?

(Cinder's POV)

I quickly ran away from the scene. I was heading to the dance. I quickly changed my clothes into a black dress and hid within the crowd of the dance floor. I found Mercury and Emerald dancing.

Cinder: Excuse But, may I have a turn?

Emerald turned around to see it was me who asked.

Emerald: Go ahead.

She walked away and I started to dance with Mercury.

Mercury: So how did it go?

Cinder: It went well. No one suspects a thing, Midnight.

Mercury: Next time, I'm choosing our undercover names.

Cinder: Why? Don't you like the name Midnight?

Mercury: The name Midnight makes me feel like an rated R huntress.

Cinder: You said earlier that you learned something during your fight with Pyrrha.

Mercury: It's how she uses her semblance. Her semblance is polarity, she used it to make slight adjustments to my weapons, making herself look untouchable.