Chapter 23

(Readers POV)

Summer: (Y/N)? (Y/N)!

I snapped open my eyes and looked around to see where I was.

Summer: (Y/N), you slept through Weiss and Yang's fight.

(Y/N): Oh crap! Did they win?

Summer: Yeah, they won.

How could I have slept through their match, I guess I just had no energy after all. I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turned around to see Qrow.

Qrow: We need to talk.

(Y/N): Ok, I'll be back Summer.

I got up and started to walk with Qrow.

(Y/N): What did you want to talk about?

Qrow: There are two things. First, it's about Raven.

(Y/N): What did you find out?

Qrow: The tribe she has been running keeps moving from place to place.

(Y/N): Doesn't she do that normally?

Qrow: Yeah, but she has been moving it way more. It's like she is trying to hide from something.

(Y/N): Weird, so what is the second thing?

Qrow: Ozpin will tell you that.

Me and Qrow walked all the way to Ozpin's office.

Ozpin: Hello Qrow, it seems that you found All Might.

(Y/N): So what's this all about?

I heard the elevator ding, meaning someone just arrived. The elevator door opened and Pyrrha walked in.

Pyrrha: You wanted to see me, Ozpin?

Ozpin: Yes, so tell me, who did your team choose for the single rounds?

Pyrrha: They chose me for that. I wouldn't have made it here without my teammates.

Qrow: More like your teammates wouldn't made it here without you.

Pyrrha: I'm sorry, I don't think we know each other.

Ozpin: That is Qrow, don't mind him.

Pyrrha: Why is mister (L/N) doing here.

I sighed and walked up to her. I figured out what Ozpin was doing.

(Y/N): What is your favorite fairytale?

Pyrrha: I would say the Four Maidens. The story where four young women helped an old man and in return for their kindness, the old man gave them special powers to continue helping the people of Remnant. Winter, spring, summer, and fall.

(Y/N): What if I told you its true.

Pyrrha: What? It's just a fairytale.

Ozpin: All Might is right.

Pyrrha has a confused look on her face. I transformed into my muscle form to show Pyrrha and she had a look of shock.

Pyrrha: You've been All Might this time?

I turned back and sighed in exhaustion.

(Y/N): Yeah, But there is something we need to show you.

Me, Ozpin, Qrow, and Pyrrha went into the elevator and Ozpin pushed a button, making the elevator descend. Once the elevator door opened, we all walked out into a big underground hallway.

Pyrrha: So the Four Maidens actually exist?

(Y/N): Yes. Just like how no two seasons are the same, never are two maidens the same.

Qrow: After one dies, the power gets transferred to another person.

Ozpin: The only thing people knew back then was that the power would be passed down randomly to a young woman:

Qrow: But now we know that the person in the maidens last thought would get the powers, unless they are a guy or an old lady.

(Y/N): But this case is a special one. Part of the Fall Maidens power was stolen.

We walked to Amber, the current Fall Maiden, in a container to keep her alive.

Pyrrha: I don't get it. Why tell me all this?

Ozpin: We want you to be our next Fall Maiden.

Pyrrha: How is that going to happen if part of her power has been stolen?

(Y/N): We have an idea. We don't know that if Amber dies, her half of the powers will seek out the other half. So we can give you what her power is linked to.

Pyrrha: Her aura?

Ozpin: Yes, but there is no guarantee that you will be the same person if you get her aura. I want you to think about this, but we will need your answer by the end of the Vytal Festival.

(Y/N): Remember this is your choice. You can choose not to do this. I don't want to force this on you.

I looked at the time and saw that the single matches are about to start.

(Y/N): We should get going. You don't want to miss you big fight.

Pyrrha: Ok.

I hope she doesn't take the maiden power. She will be put in danger if she does.

(Time skip)

I was at the arena in my muscle form. It was time for the one on one matches. I looked at the screen and the first to fight was Yang and Midnight. I may have missed Yang's double match but I won't miss this one for sure.

(Mercury's POV)

I was put up against Yang. The platform we were on started to go into the air. I got into my battle position and so did Yang.

Port: The match will begin in...3...2...1...GO!

Yang went for a punch and I went for a kick. Our attacks clashed and I jumped back. She started to shoot at me but I was able to dodge. I ran up to her to close the gap and kicked her. She retaliated and punched me hard. I was flying off of the platform but I shoot the air, the recoil sent me up into the air and I landed back on the platform. I started to spin while shooting a bunch of dust bullets, making a whirlwind of bullets in the air. I then ran towards Yang and broke her guard, and launching all the bullets to hit her at once.

(Yang's POV)

I just got hit by a massive attack. I looked at my aura level to see I still have enough to fight. I activated my semblance, which is to take damage to make me stronger, and I got up. I rushed towards Midnight to punch him. He blocked my punch but still got knocked back. I rushed over to him and kept punching him. I was able to break his guard and I kept my attack up with a barrage of punches. I was able to break his aura and gave him one last punch to send him into the ground.

All Might: Yang Xiao Long is the winner!

I heard cheers for me. I walked past Midnight.

Yang: Better luck next time.

Midnight: There won't be a next time.

I turned around and I saw him launch at me, trying to kick me, so I punched him in the leg. I heard a bunch of booing but I don't really know why. I saw All Might jump up to the platform and grabbed me by the arm.

All Might: Why did you do that?!

I got really confused. I looked at the giant screen and it showed that I punched Midnight while he was on the floor.

Midnight: She's crazy! Why did she do that?! I think she broke my leg!

That can't be right. I saw him trying to attack, I know I did.

(Readers POV)

I don't know why Yang did that. She already won the match. She isn't the type of person to do something like this. I saw the look on Yang's face and it was one of confusing and sadness. I took her away from the arena so I can ask her why she attacked him. I know that she will tell me the truth. The booing from the crowd was still going on as Midnight was taking by his team to get healed up. I get the feeling that someone else is behind all this.

(Chapter 23 end)