Chapter 47

(Readers POV)

Ruby handed me the Relic and we all ran down a path that was to our left.

Weiss: What are those things?

Blake: They move quite slowly. We should be fine if we get some distance.

We took a left turn and there was more Grimm. We went down the other way and we found a set of stairs that went upwards. There was a double door at the top of the stairs. Yang went to open it. The Grimm started to give an ear piercing scream. I fell down to my knees and was losing my will to move. Everyone else was on their knees too. The Grimm slowly walked up towards us. Ruby was the closest and I was able to get up and walk over to her. I fell on my knees again when I reached her.

(Y/N): Come on Ruby. You have to use the silver eyes.

Ruby: So... tired.

She started to close her eyes.

(Y/N): Ruby! Please! You have to wake up!

The Grimm started to reach for me. I closed my eyes in fear.

(Y/N): Help!

Ruby suddenly opened her eyes and started to glow. The silver light spread across the whole area. When the light died down, the Grimm in the area were turned to dust. After they disappeared, everyone got there will to move back. Yang banged down the door. I picked up Ruby and started to go up the stairs. When I got up them, I noticed that we were back in the cellar of the house we were in. Me, Weiss, Blake, and Yang ran outside. Everyone else was outside looking at us confused.

(Y/N): We have to go now!

Summer: Why?

Yang: Please tell me the wheel is fixed!

Oscar: It is. Why are you four freaking out?

Weiss: They was these Grimm that made us unable to move.

Jaune: That's insane! We should get moving then.

Yang got on her bike and turned it on. I put Ruby on the trailer and made sure everyone else got on. Once everyone was on, I jumped on and Yang floored it. We got away from Brunswick farms. I sighed in relief and looked at Ruby. She was in a bit of a daze, but she was able to recover quickly.

Blake: What were those things?

(Y/N): Those were the Apathy. Just as the name implies, they have the ability to make people and other Grimm to lose their will to do anything until they die. If it wasn't for Ruby killing them, we would have died.

Roman: So it was those things that killed my family?

(Y/N): Yeah.

Roman was in thought and looked at Ruby.

Roman: Thank you Red.

Everyone was shocked to hear Roman Torchwick say thanks.

Roman: Thank you for getting revenge for my family. I don't know how to repay you.

Ruby smiled at Roman.

Ruby: You can start by apologizing for everything you did to me and my team.

Roman: I'm sorry for what I did. I really am Red.

I can tell by Roman's voice that he was being genuine.

Roman: I guess I should be calling you Ruby from now on.

Ruby: I accept your apology. What are you going to be doing now?

Roman: I don't know. I'm still being hunted by the law, so it's not like I can get a job. I guess I could find a way to help people somehow. How do you feel about that Neo?

He looked over to Neo and she was in thought. She looked at Roman and nodded. I guess she is ok with the idea of being good.

Roman: Thanks Neo.

Neo smiled at him and they seemed happier then ever. Roman looked me.

Roman: All Might. I just want to say thanks for everything you have done for Remnant.

Neo nodded in agreement with Roman. I blushed a little, you don't get thanked from Roman everyday.

(Y/N): It's no problem. I was just doing my job as a huntsman.

Yang stopped the bike and we were at the edge of the woods.

Nora: Why did you stop?

I looked ahead and looked over to see Argus.

(Y/N): Looks like we reached our destination.

Roman and Neo got up and left the trailer.

Roman: It looks like this is where we part ways. If me and Neo go into town, we would be arrested immediately and all of you would probably get in trouble.

Summer: Well, good luck.

Roman: Thanks.

Roman and Neo walked off.

Maria: I would never have thought that he would turn over a new leaf.

Yang started to drive again. Argus was still a little ways away.

Maria: So tell me about the Apathy back there. I would love to hear what happened.

Blake: Nothing much. We just almost died.

Maria: Yeah. The Apathy are dangerous Grimm.

Weiss: You fought them before?

Maria: Of course. When I was young, I was a huntress myself.

Ruby: How did you survive them? I had to use my silver eyes.

Maria: I dealt with them the same way you did. I had silver eyes.

Ruby: You had silver eyes?!

Maria: Yep. I lost them in a accident. You all are probably too young to know me, but I was known as The Grim Reaper.

(Y/N) and Summer: THE GRIM REAPER?!

Maria: You know me?

Summer: Of course! You were my inspiration! I use a scythe because of you!

(Y/N): You were the number one huntress back in your prime, but you went away as quickly as you came.

Maria: Yeah, when i lost my eyes I lost my ability to see. I couldn't be a huntress after that. It's good to see that people still remember me.

I leaned in to whisper to Summer.

(Y/N): I'm surprised that The Grim Reaper is now a small old lady.

Summer giggled and I got whacked in the head by Maria with her cane.

Maria: I maybe old, but my hearing works just fine!

(Y/N): Ow! I'm sorry.

I rubbed my head to try and soothe the pain.

Maria: You better be. Now where are we going to be going when we go to Argus?

(Y/N): There is a place in Argus that has airships that can take us to Atlas.

We were getting closer to Argus. I'm hoping that we don't have anymore road blocks from here on out.

(Chapter 47 end)