Chapter 38

(Readers POV)

Me and the rest of the group are on the road again. I was looking at the map and we are really close to Haven. I smiled to myself. The thought of not traveling on foot anymore when we get there sounds great.

Jaune: So Oscar, what was your life before Ozpin's soul entered you.

Oscar: Oh well, I would help my mom with farming and other stuff like that.

Summer: Wouldn't your mother at least stop you from going on an adventure across Remnant?

Oscar: Well, Ozpin took control of my body and talked to my mom and she agreed to let me go.

I was checking on my scroll, to see I had a very weak signal. Sun was looking over my shoulder and he gasped.

Sun: You have signal?! That means we are close, right?

Sun looked over at Blake and she just gave him a nod. Sun shot his fist in the air in celebration.

Sun: Looks like we are almost to Haven!

I chuckled and I put the map in my back pocket.

(Y/N): At this point, we can just follow the trail.

I looked back at the group and it looked like Jaune was the happiest when it came to reaching Haven. He did start this adventure all the way from my house, so it does make sense that he would be the happiest. My house is not close to Haven. I looked towards the woods and I swear I saw Grimm walking around. I rubbed my eyes and they were gone. There is no way I could be hallucinating. If there was Grimm, why would they ignore us. Now that I think about it, we haven't seen any Grimm in awhile. I got the thought out of my head. I just had some conversation with the group to pass the time.

(Time skip)

We were all just walking and I checked my scroll to see that I had a full bar signal. I looked up and I saw Haven. The buildings are built across the mountains that surrounded the area. Ruby ran up ahead to get a better view and I don't blame her, the view from here is beautiful.

Ruby: Is this the place?

She looked at me and I gave her a nod.

(Y/N): We made it to Haven.

We were on a cliffside and I looked around and found a path that went down to Haven.

(Y/N): Come on everyone. I found away down.

I pointed to the path and we all started to run down it. After a bit of running, we finally made it to the streets of Haven. Everyone looked around in amazement. People were walking down the streets and it was a bit busy.

Ruby: So, what's the first order of business?

(Y/N): Well, we could go to Haven academy or we could get settled in a inn.

I was thinking about what to do first. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a blaring siren.

Ruby: What is that?

(Y/N): That means there is a Grimm invasion.

I looked around to see everyone panicking and rushing to safety. I looked around and I saw the one person I didn't want to, Salem. She was on top of one of the mountains with her subordinates. A bunch of Grimm came running down and heading towards Haven.

Ruby: What do we do?

(Y/N): All of you, get to safety. I'm going to handle this.

I looked around and found a place no one would see. I ran in between some buildings and transformed into my muscle form. I came out and rushed over to the horde of upcoming Grimm. I threw my fist forward and the resulting wind from my punch killed a bunch of the Grimm. I looked to see the mountain Salem was on and I saw a bunch more of those Nomus from the U.S.J. incident.

(Y/N):"This may end up really bad."

(Ruby's POV)

All Might told us to leave, but I wanted to stay and help. Everyone else started to leave.

Summer: Come on Ruby. We have to get to safety.

Ruby: But All Might can't handle this all by himself. We have to help.

My mom grabbed my arm and started to pull me.

Summer: Trust All Might and listen to him.

I wasn't going to go and leave All Might. I heard an intercom system start and a voice was coming out of it.

Intercom: Will everyone please evacuate to Haven academy. Repeat, will everyone please evacuate to Haven academy.

Summer: You have to go now!

I looked at my mom and I gave her a nod. I hugged her and I started to run to Haven academy. I saw Jaune helping some people up from the floor.

Ruby: Jaune!

Jaune: Ruby! We have to go as quick as possible. Kill any Grimm you can on the way. I will make sure people are getting to the academy.

I gave him a nod and I ran down the street. I got out Crescent Rose and I looked around. I could see Haven academy in the distance. I shot down some Grimm and sliced others. I saw one of those giant Grimm guys that was fighting All Might all the way back during the U.S.J. I tried to run away, but I tripped and fell. The giant beast was walking towards me. I tried shooting it, but my bullets didn't faze it. It was about to punch me when a red portal appeared in the monster and sliced it in half.

Raven: What's happening?

The woman asked me and I got on my feet.

Ruby: There is a Grimm invasion and now everyone is freaking out.

She gave me a nod and a man walked out of the portal. He looked like a male version of Yang, I'm assuming that he is Yang's dad.

Tai: Where's All Might, kid?

I pointed to the mountain where all the Grimm were coming from. The two of them nodded and ran over to that direction. I continued to run, I eventually made it into Haven academy and I looked around to see that it was quite cramped.

Weiss: There you are Ruby.

Ruby: Weiss. Is everyone ok?

Weiss: From what I can see so far, yes. A bunch of nearby huntsmen are being called over to help out with the situation.

I looked at all the people in here. I heard the door open and Jaune ran in with more people.

Jaune: That's all the people I could find.

I guess everyone is in here, because the building went into a lockdown. I looked around to see everyone panicking.

Man: What is going to happen to us?

Woman: We should be fine, I saw All Might while I was running over here.

Man: All Might?! We should be ok then. All Might will be able to keep us safe.

I'm having a terrible feeling in my stomach that All Might won't be able to handle all this by himself.

(Readers POV)

I was killing more Grimm, slowly making my way to Salem. I saw three Nomus getting in my way. I was about fight them, when they were all were sent flying. I looked to see it was Tai, Raven, and Qrow were the ones who did it.

Tai: Hurry up All Might!

Raven: We can handle things down here.

Qrow: Take down Salem, once and for all.

(Y/N): Thanks guys. I won't let you down.

I ran passed them as the continued to kill any and all Grimm. I looked at the mountain to see Salem wasn't there anymore. I looked around and I heard feminine laughter. I looked up to see Salem slowly descending from the air.

Salem: So we finally meet again, All Might.

(Chapter 38 end)