Chapter 42

(A/N: I accidentally called the Relic of Knowledge as the Relic of Truth. I apologize for this little mistake.)

(Readers POV)

Me and Ruby sat down at the diner table and Summer gave us plates of food. Me and Ruby grabbed our forks and started to dig in.

Summer: You two seem to be in a hurry.

Ruby: We have to hurry so dad can train me.

Ruby's mouth was full of food, so she was muffled.

Summer: You really shouldn't talk with your mouth full. You might choke.

Me and Ruby swallowed and we sighed in relief. I got up and wiped my mouth. I kissed Summer on the cheek.

(Y/N): Thanks for the food.

Summer: You're welcome.

Me and Ruby ran outside and the sun was still up.

(Y/N): Looks like we have about an hour for training.

Ruby was jumping up and down in excitement.

Ruby: I'm too excited. Where do we begin?

(Y/N): I think we should start with you controlling One For All. You keep using too much power.

Ruby nodded and sat down on the grass.

(Y/N): I'm sure you remember what to do.

Ruby gave me another nod and started to concentrate. She closed her eyes and she started to channel One For All.

(Y/N): Remember the egg in the microwave. Turn down the power.

Ruby struggled as her aura was going down. The sparks started to die down, but the glow from One For All stayed.

(Y/N): Oh my... oh my... GOODNESS!

She did it! She is using only a percentage of One For All and not breaking her aura. Ruby opened her eyes and looked at her hands.

Ruby: I'm doing it!

(Y/N): I knew you would get the handle of things!

She jumped up and tried out this new power. She used her semblance and ran around the whole area. She was so fast, I was having trouble keeping up her movements. She appeared right in front of me.

Ruby: This is so cool!

She gave me a wide smile and I patted her head.

(Y/N): Now remember. This is only a taste of One For All for you. If I had to guess, I'd say you are using about five percent of it.

Ruby: Only five?!

Ruby was surprised and she stopped using One For All.

(Y/N): You do have a long way to go. We have two choices. One, we train your body to take the power. Two, we train your aura to take the power.

Ruby: I think two. I don't want to be all muscles.

I thought about Ruby with the muscles of my muscle form and I shivered.

(Y/N): Alright then, two it is.

Ruby: So how do we train my aura?

(Y/N): It will be slow. We have to train your aura to take more and more abuse overtime. That will increase what your aura can take.

Ruby: When do we start?

(Y/N): We will start-

I was interrupted by my scroll going off.