Chapter 63

Home

Home...

"Ugh... I'm beat" 

John groaned — as he finally laid back into the couch like a brick after walking around in the mall for hours "Sera, don't you have to go back to your dorm?"

"Huh? Why would I do that?" Sera asked, raising an eyebrow

"Oh, you're staying? But you don't have any casual clothes right now"

"True... going back just to get my clothes would be a hassle" Sera said, thinking deeply with her hand on her jaw for some reason "Why don't I just use yours for the day?"

"M-mine?" John said, flustered "Sure... I guess. You can pick any in my wardrobe"

"Alright"

Sera put down the shopping bags on the floor and went to John's bedroom while John was lying on the couch browsing on his phone

...

...

'She's sure taking her time' 

John thought. It has been around 15 minutes since she entered his room. But finally — the door opened from the other side *creak...*

"Finally—" John was suddenly surprised "Wait... Why are you wearing the clothes that you just bought?"

"I was thinking that we should go out now" Sera said, firmly

"Go... out?" John raised his eyebrows 'She's really not choosing her words carefully'

"As vigilantes, I mean"

"Huh? Now?!" John rose from the couch after hearing her bold words "Well someone's eager"

"I just thought it would be boring here" She said, "It's not even that late yet"

"But, we haven't even searched for a target yet"

"I didn't mean that we should find one now. I just wanted to take a walk around Exoria again"

John sighed and scratched the back of his head, 'Sera... she might a little bit too invested into this. I don't know if it's for the better or worse' He thought

"Fine... Let me go ahead and change my clothes as well"