Chapter 78

"John

"John...?" 

He drew closer to Remi with heavy steps and a serious face. But that, somehow, doesn't scare her anymore. He didn't call me Pinky this time?

"You wanna explain yourself why the fuck you're on the news?" With his arms crossed, he asked. 

"Ahaha..." Remi awkwardly scratched the back of her head. "Can't you loosen up your face a bit? You're always angry—"

"You think I'm fucking joking?" It got him pissed off even more now. "Do I need to remind you that you're being tracked?" He said assertively, while pushing Remi's upper-chest with his index finger, causing her to slightly move backwards

Right... what was I thinking? There's no talking out from John. She thought. "Then what do you want me to do? Sit around doing nothing?"

"Unless you want to die so much, then go ahead"

"But I'm still here, all well and fine!" She argued. 

"Tch!" John waked away with his hands in his pockets, like usual. "Do what you fucking want. I don't care"

He's... He's really just gonna walk away like that? I guess that's John alright. But... if he didn't care, he wouldn't have tried to warn me just now. But... now that I have this new power, I don't feel like stopping.

Some days later

Some days later...

A heavy wind blows through the cold night. Remi's hair was flying all over the place. If it weren't for the fact that she was wearing a jacket and the mask, her body would shiver and her jaw would shake. I luckily didn't underestimated the cold weather.

She was on top of a really tall building, sitting on the ledge overlooking the night city from above. Was the city always this beautiful? It looks really peaceful from here. Remi wondered. But the people occupying it makes the place worse. 

Then, out of nowhere, she chuckled and shook her head. What am I saying? John must've took over my mind or something. 

With a sad smile, Remi stood up, and looked at the sky full of bright stars. If only you were still here beside me, Rei...