Chapter 19: Real Truths

Music: Stabbing Westward - Haunting Me

"Ok, so what's up giant? Why aren't you at home with your Old Lady and kids?" She sat down in the chair next to him after handing him the new beer. He took a drink and sighed, "Well my ma has the kids until tomorrow when I am to go get them and as for Old Lady... well when I got back earlier today, Lyla started in on bitching at me and she ended it so nope, no Old Lady." He shrugged. "Ok so tell me exactly what happened. Why would she just end it?" Kitty asked as she brought her legs up into her chair and got comfy.

"Well, Lyla never really was... my 'Old Lady' I mean, this is going to make me sound like a complete asshole but like, yeah she was a decent lay for a pornstar and she helped out with the kids but I don't know, I just didn't love her... I couldn't. There is always something that stopped me from opening my heart that way." He took a big swig of his beer.

"Why not? Did you at least care about her?" She asked quietly, he slightly nodded while making a weird face. "Yeah at first I did care, but after a while, I dunno maybe it was just lust... or like I was just trying to fill the empty hole my wife left me with. It's just, with Lyla, none of it feels real."

"Then she started to get on my nerves, pissing me off all the time and just making me resent ever choosing to be with her

"Then she started to get on my nerves, pissing me off all the time and just making me resent ever choosing to be with her. She started doing the same shit my wife did, nagging at me about club shit and how I put it first and Lyla KNEW what getting with a SON meant. That sort of arguing and fighting, it damn near broke my marriage on many occasions, but it's who I am, ya know?"

He looked at her and she just nodded in understanding cause she did, so he continued, "And yet I never bitched once about her porn work, I mean, yeah guys like porn and some guys like your brother are ok with it, but what normal guy REALLY wants to be with a woman who puts other guys dick in all her holes all day long so the whole world can see it? And who even knows if she will ever bring home and share something other than some sexy lingerie with you... if you catch my meanin'." At this Kitty did a little chuckle.

"Then she starts throwing my kids back in my face, saying they don't respect her or call her mom and shit like that. Why would they call her that? She ain't their mom, we ain't married. She also demands so much from me that I just wasn't ready or able to give... I mean, my wife was killed by one of my own brothers for fucks sake! And she just was wanting to move right on in and replace all my wife's shit with hers and take over, I just couldn't take it anymore, so when she ended it, I let it happen and truthfully, I actually feel a bit relieved."

"So let me see if I understand this properly. Originally you were wanting someone to take the place of your dead wife to fill the void because you felt like you couldn't manage the life you had without someone. But when the woman you chose started to act like her, you resented her for it?" Opie nodded, "Yeah I guess so." Kitty placed a hand on his thigh to make him feel comfortable, "Sounds to me like you are afraid to be alone because you always had your wife as a support, even if it didn't seem like she was. And not having that there, you feel like your tightrope walking with no safety net below. Let me guess, high school sweethearts?" Opie nodded.