Chapter 29: Rain Song

Music: Rihanna ft Ne-Yo - Hate That I love You

It rang only twice before he answered with his standard annoyed grunt.

Kitty: "Well hello to you too Hap."
Happy: "Where the fuck are you?!" His voice was harsh, full of anger and fear of not knowing what had happened to her and why she didn't answer his call.
Kitty: "Relax Happy, I'm fine. I'm in Redmond. I had some things to take care of for MY business." she rolled her eyes as he just growled.
Happy: "Next time tell me."
Kitty: "Why, so you can force me to stay under a lockdown that I have no part of being in, when I'm perfectly safe here, or hell even in my own home?" She sighed and she heard him growl and curse.
Happy: "Don't start that shit. You know perfectly good and fucking well, better than all these other Old Ladies (but Gemma), that the safest place is to be here, where I can protect you!"
Kitty: "I'm not an Old Lady, there is no fucking crow on my body! And I'm sure as hell not YOUR Old Lady for that matter. So no it's not, and I wouldn't need protecting if you never got involved in the club to begin with!!"

Her temper was flaring and as soon as she said those words, she regretted it. She knew how he felt and why he joined the club and to be honest, she didn't have a problem with the club, she just hated how he assumed that since they were together ages ago that she still needed HIS protection. She didn't need it for the past seven years, why would she need it now? She sighed deeply and calmed herself.

Kitty: "Look Happy I'm sorry. You know I don't have a problem with the club. But you also know perfectly well that I can take care of myself and have for years, without you. And I didn't call to have this same damn argument with you yet again." The line was silent for a moment then she heard his raspy voice as he quietly spoke.
Happy: "Then why did you call?" To anyone else, it would sound like he was being a sarcastic ass but she knew he was genuinely asking and was hoping she would say it's because she wanted to hear him. But she couldn't admit it... she couldn't admit that she actually enjoyed their arguing on some twisted level because it was one of the only times he ever expressed any emotions.
Kitty: "I called to see how you all were doing, and if everything was ok... I miss all of you." She could hear his deflated sigh.
Happy: "So, it's all about them huh?" His voice was quieter than normal, he was hurt.
Kitty: "You know I miss you too Happy... you know I'll always miss you when you aren't around."
Happy: "It's not the same and you know it little kitten." She sighed.
Kitty: "Feliz..."
Happy: "No Kitty, you know I still.. have ya know... for you and I want you to be mine." Him trying to convey his feelings always did kind of make her smile at how cute it was.
Kitty: "We can talk about all that stuff later, ok? I'm still not ready for all that. I... I need to get past the fact you fucked Tess... and the loss of our..."
Happy: "I know little kitten, and I will forever be begging for your forgiveness." She sighed heavily and attempted to change the subject.
Kitty: "Well since that's out of the way, I thought I'd let you know that I was safe, got my business shit settled and I'm laying here on a fluffy down comforter in an expensive hotel with Reznik on the floor."
Happy: "Let me see little kitten." She knew he was talking about the room but she thought about teasing him a little. She sent a picture and when there was a gruff hiss, she knew he had seen it.

 She sent a picture and when there was a gruff hiss, she knew he had seen it