Chapter 11

*Warning: Hurtful Transphobic rant this chapter. I suggest if you've had a bad day regarding any type of dysphoria, then it's best to save this chapter for another day. I got a bit personal and almost got a bit too emotional myself.*

Y/n's POV
We got off the bus and stared up at the giant building before us. My anxiety rushed back so suddenly and I started to sweat bullets but Kirishima put a hand on my shoulder to reassure me.
"Don't worry Pebble, I'll be right in front of you. So if you lose I'll get all the bragging rights." Blushing at the nickname I dismiss it temporarily and respond.
"Hey! Now who said I would be losing? I'm just nervous. What, is it unmanly to be nervous now?" I cross my arms and smirk like a child roasting another child on the playground. Kiri pales a bit and waved his hands frantically.
"No, no, no, no. Stop putting words in my mouth I never said it was unmanly! Your the manliest man who's ever manned, there's no way a little anxiety could- uh." He started to grow flustered as the color came back in his cheeks and his face was becoming as red as his hair. " N-nevermind! " He gave a nervous laugh then placed a singular cough into his hand. Rubbing the back of his neck he avoided eye contact, which looked like a win to me.
Aizawa then announced that we would be starting the festival off soon so we all headed inside and waited for further instructions.

Battle 1:

We stood toe to toe at the starting line and were getting many glares from the entirety of class 1-B because of Bakugou's big ass ego. He was to be a representative for the whole of class 1-A, however he made us seem like egotistical idiots who only care for winning. Though we didn't expect much less from him.
"Ready everyone? Alright, go!" Announced Midnight as she swirled her red whip type object in the air.
I cleared my mind and imagined Lida's engines in growing from my calves. This would increase my speed and be good for a head start. Luckily I made the right choice since I was in front along with Bakugou and Todoroki. Many of the 1-B students stared in awe as my leg engines revved and made me run faster.
A blue eyed blondie from class ran towards me, attempting to get as close as possible. I swerved out of his reach however and spotted the incoming robots from the entrance exam.
I lost the engines and imagined the robots heads and other vital parts of their body being torn and bent. Breathing heavily I temporarily ceased my quirk usage and just continued running.
It was difficult to maneuver through the robots, but I managed to stay in third place. Suddenly, out of the blue, Izuku had started running next to me. He didn't acknowledge my presence because he was to fixated on showing off to the hero's who watched. Well maybe not exactly that, but he was trying his hardest to do what he can with how much knowledge and power he had over his quirk.
We left the robots behind and came upon a large canyon that would be difficult to get across by foot. Bakugou blasted his explosions to the other side, while Todoroki used his ice to get across safely.
As for me, I simply put my quirk to the test. I had been practicing this technique for weeks and here is where I would put it to use. Using my imagination I envisioned myself already at the other side of the canyon following Bakugou and Todoroki. I have a deep breath, closed my eyes and ran towards the edge of the canyon. I had to believe I was on the other side! I had too or else I might be dead, from embarrassment at least. It wouldn't be good to go by jumping straight into a canyon deliberately.
Opening my eyes I look around and see Bakugou's face laces with anger and disbelief. Giving him a teasing smile I was and turn my attention toward the oncoming field.
" Y/n! " Someone was calling to me.
"Y/n!" I dismissed it, I had to focus.
" B/n! " This caught you off guard. Who would know my birth name? It sounded like Kirishima, but how did he know?
I turn head to the left of me to see Kiri running beside me with his quirk activated. He stared at me with a hurt expression.
"You... How did you know my-?" I was at a loss for words. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he had figured out my birth name. Who had told him?
"Why didn't you tell me?" His voice cracked.
" I... I didn't think you would accept me! " I responded, equally hurt.
"Y/n, you are my best friend. I even started to develop feelings for you." He hung his head as his arms pumped along with his legs to keep at a steady pace.
" You-you did? " I asked, incredulous at his confession.
"Yeah, only to find out you're not even a boy." This was a blow to my confidence and it hurt all the more coming from the guy I had started to love, the one who I trusted with most of my secrets and held dearly to my heart.
" But, Kiri, I am a boy! "
"No, you're not. I could deal with my mom being transgender, but I'm gay. I only like boys and the fact that you're a girl and you lied to me hurts me." Years were streaming down his face at this point, however it wasn't of guilt or sadness. It was more of anger and betrayal.
"Kiri! You don't understand! Biological my speaking no, I'm not a boy, but otherwise I am 100% a guy! Who- who even told you?"
He gave me a look that said it all, it couldn't have been. I didn't want to believe it, but my fears were came true as he muttered his answer.
" It was Mineta. "
I start to sob, this wasn't real! It couldn't have been. "And to think I called you my 'Pebble'" He shook his head as he stared at his feet which still kept running at the same pace.
"I am your Pebble Kiri! Please don't do this! You don't understand how much you've been on my mind and how guilty I would get when I realize I'm not like every other guy. I would always put myself down because I believed you deserved so much more. I want to be with you though, I need to. Please don't leave me Kiri! Please, you're the person I want to be with everyday and this is something I've been afraid to say... You're the guy I am so kinda into, well maybe more the guy I am totally into. The feeling... it just was so new. Kiri, please, I love you!"
"Well then, you should forget it. You aren't the guy I fell head over heels for. Your just a girl who pretended to be that guy." With that, he a voice eye contact and started to fall back. My breathe was getting shorter and shorter and my head was spinning. I was having a panic attack. Of course, right at the moment I needed to focus most, I would be heart broken.
Wiping the flow of years that steamed my face I came across the mine field and used a vague idea of wings to get me to the other side.
I would've been impressed with Izuku placing first of I was in the mood. Todoroki placed second and I followed right after. The crowd cheered for my win, but it didn't feel as such.
Bakugou grabbed me by my uniform collar and was about to chew me out for placing before him when he noticed my dirty face lined with streak marks, eyes puffy from crying and my depressed gaze as I waited indifferent for him to tell at me.
He let go of me and walked away without another word. I didn't care, why should I? It didn't matter to me, I could placed last for all I cared.
I start to walk away from the finish line and to the stadium where we were to take our ten minute break when I felt a familiar hand being placed on my shoulder.
"Hey Y/n, good job on placing second in the race." Came Kirishima's playful tone. He seemed joyful, but why?
He turned my head to see my face and grew a worried expression. " Dude, what happened? Who hurt you? " Was he FUCKING joking? After he had told me he didn't love me because I was a "girl" and totally left me by myself he pretends he doesn't know what he did?
"Y/n, is this about what happened during the race? When you were talking to yourself?"
To myself? What the hell did he- ? My quirk. How could I be so naiive! My quirk drawbacks include hallucinations as well as hearing voices. Which would mean that what Kirishima said wasn't actually him. It was all a nightmare that I lived through. Thank God.

Authors note: Tomorrows chapter is planned out a bit and I have a special surprise for the reader. At least I think, not a big or surprising one but let's just say someone will make a very bold move next chapter and we're gonna have to see how the reader is gonna deal with it.

By the way, does anyone recognize the bold in your words? It might have ruined the moment but I just saw the opportunity. Ill give you a little hint though. For the last line, the original line went:

Christine: Jeremy... Jeremy... Jeremy, I. Love..... YOU!
S: You've been waiting your whole life just to hear Christine say those words, how can you possibly drink that last drop?

Maybe no one will get it considering most of the readers will just be weeks but for any fellow theater geeks?