Chapter 46

I opened my eyes to the sight of my dear red headed husband.
He slept soundly as I stared him down. Although it was kind of weird, it was nice to see him so peaceful. He had done so much for me, so much so that I felt in debt to him.
My mind began to wander, how was Ciel doing? He seems quite mature for his age and quite understanding as well. What had he gone though to be able to know what it was like?
The sheets ruffled as I turned on my side and looked over at the digital clock beside me.
'9:25' Read the decorative Crimson Riot clock.
I smiled and groaned as I stretched out my limbs and got out of bed.
Retreating to the bathroom I immediately go to the mirror to stare at my reflection. A bit of facial hair was growing on my face and my heart lept as I rubbed my palms on the stubble.
Finishing my morning business I walked out of the bathroom and was met with Kiri. He stood there in his pajamas with bags dangling from beneath his eyes. His shoulders were slumped and his hair was a mess.
"Morning Eiji~." I greeted as I kissed his cheek.
He gave a toothy smile and replied with a small "Morning."
I trudged to my side of the closet and began getting dressed in my hero costume. After highschool, my binder had been taken out of it so it was much more comfortable to put on.
Whilst slipping my legs through the pants of the costume, Kiri came out of the bathroom and went to put on his own hero costume. I didn't mind that I was nearly naked, since Kiri had already seen me fully nude. Not for any lude reasons, but merely because I had gotten comfortable around him after getting married.
"How'd you sleep Pebble?" Asked Kiri, his voice higher pitched than it was just a few minutes before.
"I slept good, I wish I could still sleep."
Kirishima chuckled lightly and agreed.
"It sucks, I was planning to wake up earlier so I could make you breakfast and bring it to you. Looks like that didn't work out."
I suggested jokingly that I go back and lay down while he made breakfast but he complained that it wouldnt be the same.
He pouted like a child and made me laugh. I always loved his personality.
Despite all of the lovey dovey stuff we do, there have been instances where we would get into petty arguments. We weren't the the perfect couple, but we were both happy with our lengthy relationship.
Finishing off with getting dressed, I heard a knock at our front door. I look to Kiri and he nods as he goes to see who it was.
We weren't expecting any company so it confused me.
"Hey, is Y/n here?" A small muffled voice came from outside the room. It was quite odd. Why would Ciel be here so early in the morning? We would usually meet outside of the Kirishima agency.
"Yeah, sure, he is getting dressed. You can sit here and wait for him while he finishes." Kirishima's dad instincts kicked in and he offered to make Ciel some breakfast.
I thought it was sweet. Kiri really did want kids, but we weren't there yet. In the future however, I wanted a kid just like Ciel. Not to be ungrateful for my future kid, but if like a special relationship with them. A relationship in which they know that they can trust me and not bottle things up like I did.
I walked out of my room and spotted Ciel sitting on a chair at the dinner table. He swung his legs as he stared down at the wooden table.
"Hey kid, what are you doing here so early, I thought we were gonna meet at the usual place."
Ciel looked up at me as his eyes watered.
I knelt down, worried for him.
"What's wrong bud?"
Kirishima looked back from the pan full of eggs with an equally worried expression.
"My-my dad and mom are fighting a lot an-and-" tears spilled over his rosy cheeks and I pulled him in for a hug.
"Its okay, take your time."
He sniffled and continued, "They're both in the hospital."
My eyes widened. What happened to Tokoyami and Mina?
I had attended their wedding and they seemed to really be in love, so what went wrong?
I looked into Ciels eyes, reassuring him that we Kiri and I would take care of him while his parents got better.
Despite that, there was still one thing that worried me and that was the flash of familiar yellow eyes that I had stared into before. But that could have been nothing more than my imagination... Right?

(A/n rant:HEYYYY! I'm alive and of course having an identity crisis. Like shit, I wish I could pick one damn thing, like this is the fifteenth time I've found comfort in a different set of pronouns. First it was He/him, then They/Them, then He/They, then I was genderfluid and it depended on the day then back to He/they and NOW its gotta be fucking Xe/Xim. Idfk anymore, my brain is playing tricks on me.)