Chapter 13

Y/n's POV
We were told the rules of the game. One person would form a group of "horses" who would support the leader on top who held the head bands with all of our points. The criteria of the game was to steal as many points from each team as possible. But which team to join?
Just as I thought that, people started to swarm me, asking to be on my team. Even some of the girls who were mad at me just minutes before were now pretending it didn't happen so they could join my team.
Eventually Bakugou stepped into the swarm and told them that I would be joining his team. I would have done so to, if it wasn't for Izuku who stood alone a few meters away. No one wanted to be on his team, seemingly because he would be attacked the most for his headband. However, to challenge myself would mean that I could get a good internship as well as help a friend out. My quirk could do a lot and I was sure Izuku could find a good use for it in this situation.
Shoving my way out of the swarm of students I walk confidently over to Izuku who held his chin in thought. Many people taped at me in disbelief. They couldn't believe I was going for such a hard route, I was never going to win if I was on Izuku's team. But that didn't matter, kind of.
Izuku sees me and desperately asks for me to join his team. "Could-could you join my team Y/n? No one wants to considering I'm worth the most points and everyone's afraid that we will be attacked. Which isn't wrong, but I need to form a team quickly. I have an idea, I-I mean if you don't mind!" He flushed a bright red and shook heavily.
"Of course I'll join, that's why I came over here." I smiled at his face which relaxed as he was struck with relief. "Alright now I have to ask two more people to join right? So... Hey Uraraka!" Uraraka looked toward Izuku and smiled as she skipped over to the both of us. "Hey Deku! Can I be a part of the team?" Her voice was bubbly as she asked. However what bothered me was the nickname she used for him. She seemed so unfiltered by using the name Izuku's bully had given him. To mean worthless and useless. Sure he had taken pride in the name, but the meaning still stunts my usage for it. I didn't think I would ever call Izuku, Deku. It was somewhat like someone calling me by my dead name, hurtful and it just sticks with me for longer than I would like it to.
"You- you would join our team?" His face contorted into a very ugly one in a matter of seconds. Uraraka was kind enough to bluntly point it out.
"We just need one more person." Izuku tapped his chin and his eyes lot up as he started to walk over to Tokoyami.
After what need to be a very short amount of convincing Tokoyami was on our team and we were almost ready to form our "horse".

Timeskip~ Middle of battle (With Mei)
We had to keep running, Bakugou's team was on our tail and we couldn't let them take the headband. Quickly I gather all my strength an create an image of us teleporting to an empty side of the arena.
Opening my eyes, my group was confused but I still stood strong. Mei insisted we use her "babies" to complete this challenge however we didn't trust her enough to do so. Only five minutes left in the timer and we were being attacked by every group.
An idea popped I to my head, so I took the lowest number of points and put them on the head band. I looked up at Izuku and whisper-shouted my plan.
"Oh no, someone took my head band while I wasn't looking and replaced it with this one. We have to find whoever took it." He said, loud enough for surrounding groups to search thoroughly for the missing headband. Turning our backs to the crowd I stopped my quirk and Uraraka made us all float until the timer ran out.
It was no shocker that we came in first place. We were given glared and were even accused of cheating. The accusations got so bad that Aizawa had to come down to the arena and stare at me to ensure that my quirk was not being used for the head band.
The group's retreat to their respective place in the stadium. I remain next to Uraraka to talk to her.
"Hey, uh, Uraraka?"
"Yeah Y/n?" She spat, venom lacing her tone.
"I'm sorry for the whole cheerleader outfit thing. You see Mineta kinda blackmailed me into playing along even though I didn't want to. You have to trust me I wouldn't stoop that low for my own pleasures. " She let out a nice laugh, she threw her head back and cackled at my apology. "Well of course you wouldn't do it for your own pleasures, I thought as much."
" You-you did? " I asked, flabbergasted by her reaction.
"Yeah, you're obviously gay. It's as obvious as Aoyama!" She giggled and pay my head, " It's okay, whatever he blackmailed you for just be bad so I won't hold a grudge. I'm sure the other girls will understand as well, so I'll let them know. " She smiled and skipped over to Izuku who looked down at his shoes in thought.
I didn't think it was obvious. How could she tell I liked guys and not girls? It made no sense but maybe I'll get an answer if I ask Mina or Denki. Sure I do flirt with Kiri sometimes, but I've also flirted playfully with a couple of girl friends in the past.
One of the screens hovering over the stadium suddenly out up with battles of who was fighting who. Izuku would fight Shinsou and Kirishima would fight Tetsutetsu And Denki would fight Ibara. And so that would leave me to fight...

Authors note: I'm not sure if I should have something happen to the reader in your right with the mystery person. Should you get horrifically injured? Should some sort off twist occur that makes you go "Really? Right FUCKING now?" I don't know, let me know what you think. I'm going to start writing the next chapter later so there is time.