Chapter 18

Y/n's POV

          Today was the first day that I would be an intern for Fat Gum. My stomach did flips and my palms were clammy but I didn't let that ruin my excitement. I was sitting on a chair in the waiting room with my hero suit on. Some lady at the front desk had told me that Fat Gum was busy and needed a few minutes until we would be able to do our first patrol.
           I looked down at my feet as I swing them back and forth like an inpatient child. That was when the door to the waiting room opened and in came some guy I had never seen before.
           He looked a couple years older than me, with navy blue hair and a worried expression. His hero suit was interesting and I could only assume what his quirk could be.
           The teen looked over to me and his eyes widened as he noticed my presence. He averted his gaze and stood in the corner facing the wall like a disobedient kid in time out.
           He seemed to be very nervous so I decided to lighten the mood by striking up a conversation.
           "Uhm, hi, I'm Y/n. What's your name?" I sounded like I was talking down to him, but all I wanted to do was get him to be comfortable with being in the same room as me.
             Without looking in my direction he answered simply, " T-Tamaki. "
             I wanted to keep the conversation going but I also didn't want to seem annoying or pushy, so I let the conversation drop.
             We waited in a very uncomfortable silence. I merely say there wondering what Tamaki was doing in the waiting room and he stood in the corner trembling with anxiety.
               It wasn't long until Fat Gum had arrived in his skinny form. He approached me first and greeted me with a smile. "Hey there, uh, Y/n was it?" I nodded as I shook his hand.
               "Well it is very nice to meet you! Hey, you look kinda familiar. Do I know you from anywhere?" Indeed he did. He knew me from a few years ago when he had helped me, or at least tried to.
                "Uhm, I remember meeting you before you were a Pro hero, you helped me out cause a few kids were-" did I really want to myself like that? If I had mentioned the time he had helped me and he remembered vividly, he would obviously know I was Trans. I wanted the least amount of people to actually know that, I wanted people to look at me and assume I was born a guy and go along with their day. "N-nevermind!" Alas, unfortunately he knew where I was getting at and snapped his fingers as he recalled the memory.
                   "Oh yeah, you were just trying to play with the other boys and they wouldn't let you because they thought you were too feminine to play with them, am I right?" He gave me a small wink of acknowledgment , so much for not outing myself. However I appreciated him for not outing me to Tamaki although I would imagine he is a genuinely nice person.
                  Speaking of the devil, Fat Gum introduced Tamaki to me. He gripped Tamaki's shaking shoulders and turned him around so he was facing me. I have a small wave and an innocent smile, "It's nice to meet you formally!"
                   "He will warm up to you soon enough, don't worry about it." Fat Gum assured. "Now let's get to work, we got some patrolling to do."
                   We walked out of the building and made our way into the streets where the town layed low and quiet. I had taken more that Fat Gum was a much more optimistic type person than I had imagined. He attempted to cheer Tamaki up for about half an hour and although it didn't really work he kept trying. It was obvious he wasn't one to give up easily and that's what made him a good hero.
                   Passing Todoroki and Endeavor I wave slightly as Todoroki waves back. His stoic expression never left his face. He seemed almost miserable to be interning for his own dad, but he didn't have much of a choice, no one else would take him in for an internship because Endeavor already called dibs.
                  We kept walking, nothing really interesting was going on, that was until a person came running from a bank that started walking with sirens. Said person held a duffel bag full of cash and ran as fast as they could away from anyone and everyone. Fat Gum, Tamaki and I started to run quickly since we had no time to waste.
                 "Y/n! Use your quirk to help stop them!" Fat Gum demanded. I think up a flashy quirk to help us in this situation. Firstly I had to get closer so I reapply Lida's engines to my calves and begin sprinting faster to the culprit.
                 Looking behind them they noticed me right on their tail. They started to skid to a halt and glared at me right in the eyes. I used this opportunity to use the ice I had used in the sports festival to freeze their feet to the ground. Their good still masked their face, so I dropped the hood onto their shoulders and realized it was a she who had stolen thousands of dollars.
                  She took my stunned state as an advantage to kiss me. She placed her lips on mine forcefully and help them there for a lot longer than I'd liked. I would've moved her away from me, if I hadn't been entranced boy the kiss. I wanted more and although I knew I shouldn't have, I gave I to the kiss pushing my head to deepen the kiss and grabbing her waist.
                    She giggled and asked if I could take the ice off of her feet. I did as she asked with butterflies going crazy in my stomach. She leaned on to kiss me once more and ran off. I stared after her, gazing at her butt for some reason. Usually I'd never look at anyone's butt, much less a girls butt. So what had gotten into me? Fast Gum and Tamaki had skidded to a stop next to me and asked what has happened. I came back to reality and realized the error of my actions.
                      " Fuck! She got me with her damn quirk! " I face palmed in frustration and embarrassment. I would never let myself live this down.
                     "Its alright Y/n, it's your first day so I wasn't entirely expecting you to actually catch her. It was like a little test, don't worry something similar happened to Tamaki on his first day. And there should be a few Pro Hero's on there way to get her now. You did good though. "
                      I still slumped my shoulders as I groaned for being so naiive. He was somewhat right but, I could have done better! Wow a m i gonna have a story to tell Kiri, speaking of which, I wondered what he was doing in that moment. Little did I know I would have a surprise for the next day of my internship. And luckily for me, it would be the best surprise.