Chapter 35

Izuku and his blond friend -Mirio- came to the dorms before the festival was to begin. For months you all had been practicing and finally today was the day that you would let it shine.

Adjusting your attire, which consisted of a nice suit that matched every other boy in class you waltz toward Mina's room for extra practice.

To be honest, you were extremely nervous and had second thoughts about it. However you didnt let it interfere with your mood and started to practice your moves with Mina one last time.

"Spin! One, two, three, four. Turn, woah, leg up and arms out."

You stumbled up on a particularly difficult move that required you to move your legs in a certain way that was kind of uncomfortable. You half assed it and kept going.

"Hold up, hold up, hold up, hoolllld up!"

She waved her hands frantically as you stopped dancing and gave her a curious look.

"What is it?" You asked.

"You can't just be a professional with every move *but* that one! People will notice and it will take away from the experience!"

You sighed as you knew she wouldn't let it go unless you danced ssid move to perfection. Trying again, you tripped and lost your balance a bit.

"Try like this!" She gave a perfect example of the move you were supposed to complete and smiled as she gestured for you to try.

You but your lip as you readied yourself to start. Moving your leg to the right position you include your arms as instructed and start to laugh in triumph as you started to do it correctly.

Suddenly...

BAM!

"We're on in 5 minutes!" Kiri had slammed open the door while you were in the middle of completing your dance move and had startled you.

Jumping five feet into the air you crash downtown the floor and land the wrong way.

"FUCK!" You exclaim as you reach for your now twisted ankle. Hissing in pain as your boyfriend rushes to your side and cradles you in his arms.

"Pebble, are you okay?"

He didn't wait for your response as he gripped your wrist and softly said, "let me see it."

Taking your hand away from your fresh wound he gazed at the now blue-purple-greenish bump that swelled on your ankle.

He poked it and you hissed in agony as a shooting pain was felt where the injury had taken place.

"I dont think he can perform."

You didn't disagree with him one bit as you shook your head profusely and gave a strangled "no."

Mina was disappointed but led you to the back of the gym and sat you down on a chair.

The announcement for 1-A's performance had come on and Mina gave you a thumbs up as she gingerly patted your head and told you she was sorry.

Resting your chin on your palm you sigh and gaze at the performance that could've been.

Out of the corner of your eye you see someone sit next to you.

"Hi, Miss!" A small voice squeaked.

You turned your attention to the person next to you as your blood began to boil.

"I'm not a-!" You look to find Eri and Mirio had sat next to you. Mirio held a sorrowful face and corrected Eri.

"Uhm, Eri, he is a boy."

Eri gave me a quick glance, then looked back at Mirio.

"Someone from Deku's class told me that he was a girl though."

You position stiffened, Mineta.

"What else did... they tell you?"

She put a finger to her lips in thought as she perked up and stated, "he told me you were a tranny."

Mirio looked down at her ludicrously, "Eri, that's not a nice word!"

"I-Im sorry, I didnt know that." She turned to me and bowed respectfully, "I'm sorry sir." You gazed down at her and saw her saddened expression. You knew she felt guilty for misgendering you and calling you a transphobic slur, but you knew it wasn't her fault.

You take the time to explain a little about your situation, just so she wouldnt be as confused and in the future would know that it was acceptable to feel that way.

You felt a light tap on your shoulder and looked up to meet your gaze with sweet old eyes. Your grandmother. She twisted her old wrinkles into a light smile as she sat next to you.

Greeting eachother lovingly you discuss how things have been for the both of you. Your grandma notices Mirio and says, "what a handsome boy," she caught Mirios attention and saw Eri sitting next to him holding his larger hand.

In the dark all she could see was a tall silhouette of a guy with the occasional light illuminating some of his features. Assuming he was a father rather than a highschooler she decided to make small talk, "I'm still waiting for one of my children to give me a boy, one girl so far." She smiled and laughed a bit.

You knew that "one girl" was you and it pained you to hear it. Not only had you attempted to come out to her months before but she totally agreed with your guardian and didnt want you to become a boy. However here she was, rubbing it in your face. Maybe you were wrong and it wasn't actually intentionally, but from the way she had said it, it did seem that way.

While you were on the verge of tears Eri grabbed your hand lovingly and looks up at your pained expression "Don't worry, in my heart you're a boy!"

She was like a little sister, you felt the best after she given you such nice words to go by. Although you were still pretty upset at your grandmas cold statement but this brightened your day as class A's performance ended and you were all able to walk around the rest of the festival and have fun.

A/n: Today my grandma asked my younger sister if she wanted to be a boy. She said no, obviously and my grandma complained that she had "no grandsons" all she has are "girls". This pained me a lot because I had come out to my grandma a few months before and it is super obvious that I am Trans. She knows about my binder and knows I wear more masculine attire, like boxers. I was attempting not to cry because of how cold it was that she had said that in front of me. But my sister looked into my eyes, grabbed my hand and said "Dont worry, in my heart you're a boy." She's only nine years old and that made me almost burst out crying because of how sweet it was. So this was basically what I centered this chapter around.