~• 51 •~

•••

•••

ایک ہی ٹھوکر میں ایسے برباد ہوا دل
جیسے ہنستا کھیلتا بچہ یتیم ہو جائے۔۔۔

•••

•••

"We did, what we could. Now only prayers can do a miracle. Right now, Mr. Sheikh is in critical condition. If he will not wake up till morning then I'm afraid to say, he's in coma." The doctor stated everything in professional tone.

"The case is not in our hands anymore." The doctor told them with a soft voice making everyone to crumble down with sadness.

That night was most painful night of her life. Every minute was torturous. They didn't even let her see him.

Whole night she cried and cried. Sana was beside her all the time. Trying to console but she didn't want condolences. She wanted her husband, but he was drifting away from her.

The tears she had all night were dried till the morning rise. The hospital became more crowds than the night. The same surgeon went in to check on him.

And when he returned, her tired eyes saw the same expression he bored last night and just like that her world crumbled down. She didn't need to ask that doctor what happened because his face says it all.

She didn't move from her chair. She stayed there rooted on her spot as everyone of the family members gathered around the doctor.

The same words of doctor which he said last night were repeated. "I'm sorry." Just like that he said sorry.

Everyone gasped but the girl remained unwavering.

"Mr. Sheikh is in coma." Doctor said the dreading words she didn't want to hear. But hear she is sitting immobile and taking everything in.

"We don't when he'll wake up from that." The doctor stated professionally but his words were coated in sympathy and sadness.

A sob escaped from aunt Yasmeen's lips and tears fall from Sana's eyes. Amir controlled his tears as his eyes were blood shot.

Pin drop silence was there. Nobody uttered a word as if the world itself ended then and there.

In this ere silence the girl slowly stood up. Not looking at anyone at all as slowly made her way towards the door of his room.

Zaroon, Ibrahim and Jhangir saw her going towards the room. Her silence was disturbing as she didn't look up at anyone for once.

Anisah slowly placed her hand on the handle and with a deep breath, she opened it and just like that the door opened.

Entering inside with small steps, she turned around and closed the door behind.

She stood there for long minutes, her back towards his form as she closed her eyes.

How she yearned to see him for the first with her eyes and now the irony is that, she'll be able to see him, but he won't be able to open those green eyes of his, which she desired to see.

Gulping she slowly opened her eyes and turned around. Her heart was accelerated and her hands were sweaty. She was expecting these reactions out of her own self when she thought, she'll see him but not in these circumstances.

With each step she took towards his form that laying on the hospital bed. Her heart speeds up ten folds.

Her eyes were cast down until she was beside his bed. That is when she took in a breath and slowly lifted her honey orbs.

Her eyes racked over an IV that was inserted on his hand. The hands were tan and manly, they look large and calloused. The same hands that loved her so much.

Her eyes slowly trailed to his chest that was heaving up and down slowly in a rhythm, telling her that he's alive.

A dark brown colored bear reached her eyes as she was definite that he must have a sharp jaw. She remembered asking him the color of his hair and beard.

Her eyes then landed on the chapped lips, his lips which made her squirm and feel loved.

A perfect straight nose with high cheekbones. And then her eyes landed on his but closed one. His lashes thick but not as thick as hers. But his dark eyebrows were thicker and then those beautiful soft hair, she has touched few times.

Her eyes were wide as she took everything feature in like a deserted man, who's thirsty for years. Her eyes moving at every feature of his again and again, drinking in like if any moment she closed her eyes he'll vanish.

When she saw a drop on his cheek, she was confused but when another drop fall near the first one, then she realized that she's hovering over his face and it's her tears that are keep on falling. That was the moment she realized that she was crying all along.

Slowly her trembling hand raised up and her fingers slightly traced her eyebrow, and she abruptly stopped as her eyes teared up more.

Closing her eyes she breathed in deeply and then touched her face like she did once when she was blind and a soft crying laugh escaped her lips.

He's far more beautiful than her imagination, or she should say handsome.

Slowly her soft white hand caressed his cheek and then with her thumb, she caressed his closed eyelid. How she wished he could see her.

Her thumb caressed his lashes and then his eyebrow. She then traced his cheekbone with her knuckles and then softly caressed his beard as her thumb touched his lips, slowly she drew a circle there.

Unknowingly she moved down on her own. And her soft trembling lips landed on his cold ones, and she pecked him with all the love she has.

Again her tear fell just on his eyelash making her smile sadly. Cupping his face in her small hands, she gave a hearty kiss on his bandaged forehead.

He didn't look all that dominant and rugged person she used to imagine but looked like an angel to her.

Her lips then landed on her cheek as she kissed him there. "P-please wake up M-Michael." She mumbled softly with trembling lips. Her heart crying in her chest.

She then slowly kissed his other cheek. "P-please come b-back to me." She whispered softly as tears kept on pouring.

Her lips landed on his closed eyes one by one. "Show me your b-beautiful eyes M-Michael." She mumbled almost brokenly as she moved back and sat on the stool.

Her teary eyes took his complete form in. His forehead was bandaged completely, small cuts on his face that were coated in his own dried blood. Scratches on his arms and bandages on an elbow. His one foot was covered in complete bandages and was placed on a soft high surface. And she was sure that his torso was also wrapped in bandages under that hospital shirt.

Her tears won't stop as she slowly touched his torso like a feather, closing her eyes she started reciting Surah Al Ikhlas. She did this with his every wound.

Never she thought that the day she'll see him for the first time will be like this. She wanted to make it beautiful and gather every bit memory of that moment in her heart. But every time nothing goes as we yearned for it. That's why it is life.

Holding his large hand in her hers, she saw the difference of their skin color. His was a beautiful tan and her's was snow-white. She loved how her color looked beautiful with his tan one. For a moment she wanted to have a color like his. No she basically wanted him!

"I was s-so h-happy just yesterday and now look here w-we are." She mumbled softly as she caressed his cheek.

Life will never stop, nor for a second neither for a minute. That's why it's called life. It will go on, not stopping with the ones that are still standing behind.

Just like life, the days passed and passed. Not caring about the souls that are still kept hostage in the past.

Five months!

Five months have passed, since Michael being there in coma.

Five months and the girl never smiled. It felt that it wasn't only Michael that's in coma but his wife went along with him.

Michael is still in the hospital but in a private VIP room in Zaroon's hospital. The security of the hospital was top-notch since Michael got admitted here.

Zaroon was aware of the situation. They've got the information that it wasn't an accident. Someone tried to kill him. They searched but truck driver was already found dead in his house. Zaroon knew now when the enemy knows that Michael is on death bed. They'll try to finish him. That's why he kept the security high.

Al-Aqrab was devastated on the news. But Ibrahim was fast enough to keep everything under check. He handled the business as well as Michael's place as a leader. He kept Michael's men untied and hopeful, and it was one of a hectic job.

Asad was aghast on such news. He left the hospital and was soon on the gate of Michael's door from that day till now Asad stay as a guard on the door of Michael's room in the hospital. He would scrutinize every staff member that would enter the room and will follow them and would stay in until that doctor or nurse do their work. He will not let any harm come to his Sarkar.

Jhangir and Amir are also working beside Asad as Michael's protector. They knew how critical this situation is and how the enemies would find slightest of a chance to attack, and they didn't want to give them any chance.

From that day till now. In all these five months, never once Anisah went back home or haveli. She stayed beside him every second and every time.

Her life in these past five months was taking care of him and praying to her lord for his recovery.

She was happy when a week ago, doctor said that his body has fully recovered all the injuries. But then again he was still sleeping peacefully not waking up.

Anisah has somehow made a mini home in this large attached two rooms VIP room. She had placed a same hospital bed like Michael's beside his for herself. A restroom is also attached. Sana will bring her clothes and food but the girl never left this room.

Sana and aunt Yasmeen tried to take her back in the haveli for a day or two rest but the girl never left his side. She wanted to be beside him, when he woke up.

She knows that everyone has lost half of their hopes that Michael will never woke up, but she will not. She simply can't. That's not an option for her.

Hope is the only thing that's keeping her alive and breathing. She prays day and night always sitting on the prayer mat whenever someone comes. And from the bottom of her heart, she feels he'll wake up.

When a person makes dua to Allah with the bottom of their heart, they'll feel that believe and that strong hope that whatever they're wishing for, will surely come true but on specific time. All they've to do is wait and have patience.

Every night, Anisah would lay on her bed beside his. As she would stare at him like a child. The way moon light will fall on his face made her all gawking over him. She would keep staring at him and then would tell her own self that 'calm down he's all yours' and would slap her head.

"You know my sleeping beauty, Jhangir has become so serious that it felt odd." Anisah spoke loudly for Michael to here as she made herself a coffee.

Every day and night she would talk to him about each and everything that roamed her head. She can feel it that he hears her. He can listen to her and somehow she feels that she's talking to him. From past five months, she's been talking to him nonstop but never smiling.

"I know, when you'll wake up. He will get all goofy like his old self." Anisah spoke as she was busy in pouring milk in her cup.

"And I must add. This Asad man, who calls you Sarkar is really nice. I really respect him, because he never left your side for once, and he's the only one who has his hopes high just like me." The girl rambled as she placed everything in its respected place.

"I wanted to take you back to haveli but Zaroon said it's safer here, with lots of security and him being around." Anisah mumbled as she sipped her coffee in a small sip because it was hot. She placed it back on the trolley to add sugar.

"You know-" The girl slowly turned around randomly but her words died down on her tongue as her widened honey doe orbs met the hawk like green ones for the very first time making her breath hitch.

Her breathing stopped, and she forgot how to blink then and there.

Her eyes were staring straight A's his and neither was he blinking. He was half dotted and half laying. And was scrutinizing her form with his green hawk like eyes.

All these months not once she asked anyone or tried to know what green color is like because she only wanted to see green color of his eyes first.

Now as she stared at him with mouth agape. She thought it's one of her hallucinations. Just to confirm that she blinked once, and he was just there, staring at her. She blinked twice to find the same scene in front.

A gasp escaped her lips as her lips as she covered her mouth with her trembling hands to stop her cry.

Unknowingly she went to him and not once he looked away from. When she was just beside his bed, her trembling hand slowly tried to touch his cheek as tears were rolling down on her cheeks.

But her trance broke when her hand was taken in a vice grip, and she stopped then and there.

His large hand was holding her small frail wrist in a tight grip that it was painful for her, but still she didn't utter a single word.

His face was emotionless and cold. That is what she saw when she controlled her senses. Her lips trembled. "M-Michael." A soft whisper escaped her lips making the man to stare at her.

"Y-you're a-awake." She mumbled with tears flowing down freely.

There was no change in his expression as he just stares at her emotionless. His grip tightened more on her wrist and unwillingly a hiss escaped her lips, but he still didn't leave her wrist nor loosened his grip.

But Anisah was far to happy in her own world to notice his death grip. Her teary eyes won't blink as she continued to take in his features. "Y-you're m-more h-handsome with your e-eyes open." She mumbled softly with a smile playing on her lips and tears flowing out of her eyes.

Michael stayed quiet not uttering a word. She tried to get her wrist free, so she could touch him, but he didn't let her wrist go. Due to his tight hold on her wrist, she was really close to him as of hovering his sitting form but still she looked smaller in this way as well.

His eyes were tired with dark circles dancing under. His cheeks were sunken slightly and his lips chapped. He looked really weak, and why won't he. He was being living on drips from last five months.

Anisah has learned how to cook almost everything in these five months in this hospital kitchen only. There's a lady chef here, who thought her everything and from last two months Anisah became a pro cook. Even tho the chef cook patient food but for staff she cooks different varieties of food and that's how Anisah learned it.

She made a mental note of his diet. So he will get all healthy again.

She softly wiped her tears with her free hand and sat on the bed beside him. "Now are you going to keep holding my wrist forever or would allow me to call Zaroon bhai (brother) in?" She asked joyously, showing a beautiful pearly smile that appears on her face after five months.

Michael tilted his head the tiniest bit but kept on staring at her. Not letting her wrist go at all.

Anisah smiled softly, feeling red ringing her cheeks under his scrutinizing gaze.

On cue the door was knocked and Anisah was standing beside him abruptly, but he hasn't let her wrist go yet. "One minute!" Anisah spoke loudly for the person to hear, who's knocking the door.

She then started to get her wrist free but Michael won't budge, staring at her weirdly. "Let go of me! I'm not going anywhere. Allah what will they think if they saw us like this!" Anisah spoke with wide eyes, trying to make him understand and her cheeks tinted red.

He still didn't let her go. "They'll think we are doing dirty just after you wake up!" Anisah spoke exaggerated with red-hot cheeks and panting breath. A knock was heard again and Anisah just did what came in her mind. She lightly hit his torso where his rib was broken and is totally fine now, but she's sure it will at least hurt him a tiny bit and it did as he flinched and his hold loosened.

Anisah took advantage of it and get rid of his grip, moving three steps away from him.

She immediately fanned her face and did a breathing cycle. Adjusted her veil on her head. All the time feeling his heated gaze. "Come in." She spoke softly and then her lips broke into a huge grin seeing the statue form of Asad.

Asad stayed glued on his spot as he stared wide-eyed at awake Michael. "I think I'm loosing my mind." Asad blurted not looking away making Anisah to giggle.

Asad's eyes landed on the source of laughter and his muscles tensed. This is the first time he was seeing his bhabhi (sister-in-law) not only smiling but laughing and it somehow made him believe that whatever he's seeing is no joke or hallucination. But a complete reality. His Sarkar is awake.

"Sarkar?" Asad asked with a dry throat making Anisah to walk over to him. "Surprise!" She mumbled full on smiling making his fall to form to stare at her and for the very first time a small smile appeared on his lips. Seeing his bhabhi smiling.

Asad is always a serious man, devoted to his Sarkar and work. He is cold and calculated but now looking at the grinning girl, he can't stop himself from smiling.

He couldn't believe in just few minutes of Sarkar's awake and the girl seemed like she got her life back. Her eyes shined with twinkle of happiness which were dull in these five months.

When first Asad saw Anisah the wife of his Sarkar. He was shocked to see a young small girl. She was way too fragile to be a wife of man like Michael but when he saw how every day and night she stayed beside Michael, not leaving his side. When everyone lost their hope, she was the only one with full hope that he'll wake up. She prayed day and night for Michael and now as the stared at the beaming girl. The only thing he felt was extreme respect and adoration. She's way too strong then most of the humans he has seen in his life.

"Stay beside him Asad bhai (brother). I'll just go and call Zaroon." Anisah muttered lowly as she made her way out of the door not waiting for his reply.

In no way she could stay there alone for now. The way he was staring at her emotionless and the way he won't let go of her wrist.

Unintentionally her eyes landed on her wrist and a small gasp escaped her lips, seeing his fingers printed there in red marks. She immediately hid it in her sleeve. Maybe he didn't realise but his grip was way too strong.

She softly knocked on the door of Zaroon's office. No reply. Maybe he's not in there or maybe she could just go in and check. But the news she need to tell him could not wait at all.

She decided to test the second option as she slowly touched the handle and turned it and door slowly opened. As soon as was in, she saw his office was empty. Pouting she decided to check in cardiology department but before she could leave. She heard shuffling in the attached checkup room, so she decided to take a peek. But her manners kicked in and she knocked.

No reply!

But a lot of shuffling was heard. Scrunching her eyebrows, she touched the handle to open it but the door opened on its own and a towering Zaroon came out with such speed making Anisah to abruptly take two steps back, so they won't collide. His hairs were messy and he was panting heavily. His pupils were also dilated.

Anisah frowned at his crinkled clothes and his disheveled form. "Were you wrestling in there?" She asked confused.

Zaroon was as if he just snapped out of his daze as he looked down at the confused Anisah. "I-I was sleeping." He stated not looking in her eyes as he faked a yawn.

Anisah crosses her arms on her chest and her face was in a mock manner which simply meant. 'I'm not stupid'.

Zaroon looked away and adjusted his clothes. He then looked at her. "Is everything alright? Is Michael okay?" He asked with concern as he neatened his clothes.

Anisah then immediately forgot everything related to Zaroon and his state as a wide grin spread on her face and her eyes moistened up.

"H-he woke up!" She mumbled with happy tears and smiled making Zaroon to stiffen for a second.

His face simply said, he didn't believe her, but she nodded her head with tears streaming down making him aware that whatever she's saying is purely true.

A smile spread on his face as he immediately started moving out towards Michael's room. Anisah slowly went towards the reception with rapidly beating heart and moistened eyes. She dialed a number on which she called every weekend. After two rings a voice spoke.

"Hello?" Aunt Yasmeen spoke from that side making Anisah to lower her eyes as she bit in her lip.

"A-Aunt Yasmeen." The girl spoke softly in an almost fake sad voice making concern to wash over Yasmeen's form.

"What happened Anisah? You need anything for me to bring? Is Michael okay?" Aunt Yasmeen asked in a concern filled voice making Anisah to smile softly, but she maintained her act.

"P-please aunt Yasmeen come to the hospital. Please b-bring everyone and S-Sana." She spoke with a sad voice making Aunt Yasmeen anxious and worried.

"Tell me what wrong Anisah. You're scaring me! Tell me?" Aunt Yasmeen spoke in a panicked voice as Anisah contemplated whether to stop the act or not. But if they come here all worried and find Michael awake. How good of a surprising memory that'll be.

"Auntie M-Michael h-he! Please come hear as soon as possible." She whispered the first part sadly and in the second part she spoke hurriedly and then cut the call.

Anisah smiled softly but felt a little bad for making the family all worried, but she knows it will be the best surprise, and they'll be really happy.

She didn't go inside the room again as she waited outside the door waiting for the family and with in half an hour. All the worried faces of the family was running towards her.

As soon as they reached her. Amir was the first one who spoke. "What happened?" He asked all worried but Anisah kept quiet. Jhangir was the second one who abruptly hold her arm and made her face him. "Tell us?" He asked a bit angrily making Anisah to scrunch her brows at the way he was holding her arm. He never touched her before then what's wrong with him now.

Anisah slowly loosened her arm from his hold and indicated towards the door as of telling everyone to go in and see for themselves. In other circumstances not more than two people were allowed in the room but now they didn't think much about the rules and stuff as the whole family barged in that room but Anisah stayed behind smiling.

Everyone became stunned and shocked to see the awake Michael hearing whatever that Zaroon and Asad were telling him. His face serious.

Sana was the first one who run up to him and seeing the family both Zaroon and Asad moves to the side letting them beside him.

"B-bhai? (Brother)" Sana spoke in cry voice as she hugged him lightly crying on his shoulder. Michael smiled a faint smile as he patted her head softly.

Aunt Yasmeen was beside him on the other side as she caressed his hair and cheek making him gave her short nod. Her own eyes teary.

As soon the both woman moved away from him. Amir came to sit beside him. His eyes blood shot and teary as he took Michael's hand in his and Michael gave a strong squeeze to Amir's hand making him smile.

Jhangir didn't come close to sit beside he just nodded from his place and Michael nodded back.

Uncle Imran and Sufyan gave him their relived smiles as aunt Rabia to came closer and patted his head softly.

Anisah slowly came back in the room. Standing in the far corner and smiling happily while seeing everyone shedding happy tears and meeting him.

She was crying and also smiling with red nose when his green hawk eyes met her honey ones again in an intense moment.

Then she heard his voice for the first time after all these months. But the words he spoke almost stopped her heart.

"Who is she?"

Do follow me for more upcoming amazing stories.

Have a good day.