Epilogue

•••

•••

تمہارے دل میں قید ہے ہماری دھڑکنیں
دھڑکتے رہنا ورنہ مر جائینگے ہم۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

•••

•••

It was morning, she groggily woke up and found the other side of the bed empty. But what got her attention was a brown envelope placed there.

She holds it in her shaky hands because her heart already knows what it is. She took the papers out and found them to be divorce papers which aren't signed. He didn't sign them!

On cue the door to their room opened, and he walked in freshly clothed with a breakfast dish in his hands. Their eyes met, and he gave her beautiful grin, his dimples appearing and her heart almost skipped to beat. He placed the dish on the bed side table got closer to her and kissed her forehead. A gasp escaped her lips, and she closed her eyes for the briefest second.

"Freshen up Habibti." He spoke softly and girl numbly went to the restroom leaving divorce papers on the bed. Why he's doing this? She didn't understand anything. She did her routine and freshened up. She came out to found him on the couch with table of food set in front. He patted the seat beside him, and she quietly sat beside him, completely jumbled.

He takes the pancake on the fork and moved it in front of her face, she stared at the fork and then at him as he indicated her to eat, and she ate silently as he feed her and himself with the same fork. "Why are you doing this? When you clearly placed the divorce papers on bed." She asked confidently, eyes narrowed.

"I'm not doing anything Habibti. I just want to cherish my last moments with you." His voice crack in the last part.

That was all for her stone resolve to broke. The next second she moved and was standing in front of Michael. She holds both of his wrists and moved it away from his front, the next thing she placed her knees on either side of his waist and straddles him. On the next moment she let go of his hands and hold his face in her hands and gave a quick peck on his lips.