~• 52 •~

•••

•••

وہ معجزے انہی کے لیے کرتا ہے
جو اسکی مصلحتوں سے انکار نہیں کرتے۔

•••

•••

Ire silence surrounds the room and everyone was stunned to hear his words.

Anisah wasn't that shock, she started to laugh lightly at his tactics. He must be pulling a certain prank on her, so she decided to give him a piece of her mind.

"This is no joke Michael." She spoke with narrowed eyes and a small smile playing on her lips.

She saw how he narrowed his eyes at her but other than that gave not much reaction. Before, Anisah could say anymore. Zaroon spoke up. "He needs to get a checkup first." His voice serious as all the family members nodded with teary happy smiles on their faces.

One by one everyone left except Anisah and Zaroon. He came close to her. "Let's go Anisah, let the doctor check him first." He told her softly as the girl hesitatingly nodded but her eyes looked at Michael who was silently looking out the window not facing them.

She didn't know why but her heart felt heavy. As soon as they came out of the room. Doctor went in along with nurse and Asad also followed behind. Not willing to let the Sarkar alone.

"Was he playing a prank on me?" She asked softly in hesitation to Zaroon, who looked away from her.

As a doctor he knew what that meant. But he didn't want to believe it yet until the doctor's confirmation.

Zaroon's silence wasn't a good thing. After few minutes doctor came out along with nurse making her, hold her breath as she waited for him to speak.

"He's fine physically but would need to do exercise this whole week, and he'll be on his feet. But," The doctor glanced at Zaroon for a second as if telling him everything through the eyes as he looked at Anisah again, whose breathing was blocked unknowingly in anticipation. "He thinks this year is 2018. Which means he lost his memory of last two years. Not only incidents or places but also the people he met in that period. He has amnesia. The severity is still unknown but the good side is. It's a partial amnesia. High chances are he'll get his memory back. It can take a week, a month, a year or many years." The doctor elaborated everything professionally.

"The good sign is, due to the period his body was in coma. His brain healed well, if this would've happened that time, then it would've been harmful to tell him about his memory but now it's safe but in limitations. You can tell him about his wife and his marriage and all the other stuff, he forgot but please don't stress him. Try to give him information one at a time with precautions." Doctor told them seriously making Zaroon to nod at him as everyone listened.

"Due to amnesia, he'll have extreme mood swings, with annoyance and irritation. His psychological behavior can differ depending on the damage his brain had but surely he'll get his memory back but as I've said earlier. It can take a day or years." Doctor told them every bit of the information he had and then with a slight nod he left from there.

Anisah felt her lungs burning and tears pooling in her eyes as she realized she was holding in her breath.

But as much as she tried, she was unable to draw in her breath. Her face was changing its color to blue and her lungs were burning. She needs to breath but her body wasn't listening to her.

Jhangir saw how Anisah's face became blue and her eyes were widened. Before she could fell. Jhangir was beside her holding her in his arms as took in her form.

"She's having a panic attack!" He shouted loudly making every eye to snap at them and Zaroon was beside her in seconds.

Jhangir made her sit on one of the chair in corridor as he sat beside her and Zaroon crouched in front of her. Sana was fast to sat beside Anisah's other side.

Zaroon held her pale face in his as he made her to look at him. And as there eyes met he whispered softly. "Breath Anisah! Breath! Look at me." He said as he took in a deep breath and exhaled.

"1..2..3.. Breath in deeply and breath out." He told her softly and demonstrated his actions making her to force herself in doing the same thing and Anisah did exactly as he did and after two to three breathing cycles she was being able to breath properly.

Zaroon let her face go as he breathed in deeply himself. Sana was hugging her from the side and Jhangir who was holding her hand tightly which Anisah got free with hesitancy. Jhangir wasn't letting go of her hand at first, but then he let go.

Zaroon racked his fingers in his hairs in tension as he stood up and Jhangir as well. Amir came to sit beside on Jhangir's place as he inquired. "Are you alright?" His voice soft but her soft sob resonated in the corridor making their heart to twist painfully for her.

"He forgets m-me!" She mumbled softly with tears streaming down her eyes. She couldn't believe that a day this can come in her life where the person she lived for will forget her.

"He didn't. It's amnesia." Zaroon spoke softly trying to make her understand the situation. Michael isn't at fault here. He in unaware. He didn't know. Nothing is his fault. Anisah need to understand this.

"But he didn't know me!" She cried softly on Sana's shoulder as she told her thinking to Zaroon, who just shook his head in negative. He needs to make her understand. He can see that she's giving up, and he will not let that happen.

"Come with me Anisah. Come on stand up!" He told her sternly making her look at him with teary eyes.

"Come on, I need to tell you something regarding Michael." He told her softly to make her follow him and like a lost puppy she stood and followed him to his office.

Amir and Jhangir also came behind her as the four stood in Zaroon's office. Zaroon told her to sit on the chair, and she softly obliged staring at him with her broken teary eyes.

Zaroon intake a sharp breath and sat on the chair beside hers, rotating her chair in a way that now they were facing each other, he spoke up.

"When Michael was met with an accident, his brain was severely damaged. He got a severe concussion." Zaroon kept his words straight as he was now making her see through different way.

"As a doctor I can say, there are only one percents of the cases in which patients survive the concussion removal surgery. The chances to survive that accident and surgery was almost impossible. But Michael fight it. He survived that awful accident and also that surgery. Even tho he went into coma, but he survived that as well. Now see Anisah he survived all these impossible things only because you were beside him. You had hope. But now when he's just one step away from coming back to you. You're giving up!" Zaroon stated like a pure guide on life teacher and his each word, settled well in Anisah's brain.

"You were always strong. When we all lost the hope it was only you, who had this hope in her eyes that says he'll wake up and now when he's awake you're giving up just because he forgot you. You fought so hard, just to gave up in the end?" He asked her seriously, his every word hitting straight in her heart like an arrow.

"Isn't he your Michael anymore?" Zaroon asked little angrily making a sob to escape her lips as she shook her head in negative. Clutching her hands together tightly on her lap, she sat there like a lost child with large tears pouring out on her cheeks.

Jhangir and Amir both stood one leaning on the wall and the other standing straight near the desk. Both looking at her crying form.

"Isn't he the same man, you love with your life?" Zaroon asked seriously making her to glare at him with her teary eyes.

"He's same!" She croaked out angrily with teary eyes with lips in a thin line.

"Then why are you behaving as you've lost hope!" He asked her seriously in an angry tone making her to glare at him.

"Because I was loosing it a minute ago!" She snapped angrily with clenched jaw as Zaroon smirked.

"So aren't you loosing your hope now?" He asked smirking making her glare to intensify.

"I'm not giving up on my life! Not now! Not ever!" She spoke angrily but with pure determination dripping from her voice and that's it. Zaroon saw it, the same hope he has seen in her eyes from the past five months, returning in her eyes with full force.

"Your life?" Jhangir asked in a snickering tone making her to smile at him as she mumbled. "My life, my Michael!" She said without thinking much but when she heard that, "Ooooohhhh!" Sound from Zaroon and Amir, she faces palmed herself internally.

"Damn I need a girl as confident as her!" Zaroon stated just to make mood little tension free and it somehow worked.

"Ewe! Stay with Dr. Riya only!" Anisah mumbled with a smirking face making Amir and Jhangir to laugh out.

"I still haven't seen Sarah!" Anisah stated bit loudly and Amir just chocked on his laughter and the girl smirked.

"Call Ibrahim bhai and give him the happy news and sad as well. Because from tomorrow we are going to start a mission named bring Michael's memory back!" Anisah spoke with twinkle in her eyes.

Anisah didn't go in his room the whole day. She stayed outside as everyone went inside and met him.

She got to know from Zaroon that he also didn't recognise Sohaib. When Sohaib was holding Sana's hand to take her out of the room. He became vicious and if not for Amir, Jhangir and him present there. He would've killed Sohaib then and there. So had to tell him that Sana got married this year and this man, whom he was about to kill is his sister's husband.

The way Michael glared at Sohaib made the poor soul terrified out of his wits as he to was sitting outside the room along with Anisah on the chair. "Last time these brothers beat me to pulp, before trusting me and letting me marry their sister and now I've to earn Michael bhai's trust again." Sohaib spoke so sadly that Anisah really felt sympathetic towards him.

"Best of luck Sohaib bhai (brother)." She told him softly with a thumbs up making her look as nervous as he was.

Even tho she's saying best of luck to him but internally she was also really nervous. "Nisah!" A voice spoke, startling her as she looked up to find panting Ibrahim.

Anisah smiled softly as she saw his moistened eyes. His eyes were asking her one thing and the girl slowly nodded her head in affirmation as she pointed at the door.

As soon as Ibrahim saw a sitting Michael talking to Uncle Imran, he couldn't stop himself as he went to him. Michael to stood up seeing the almost crying Ibrahim as both the brothers gave each other a manly hug.

Anisah didn't go in, she waited till night so everyone will leave and as soon as the night got closer, almost everyone left. In meantime, she took the chart from the doctor regarding his medications, food and exercising.

It was late in night, and she just hopped that he slept. Asad was standing outside his room as usual.

She didn't go in straight but decided to inquire few things from Asad first as he was present in the room all the time when the family was meeting Michael.

"Is he sleeping?" She asked softly to the tall man, who nodded his head in affirmation knowing very well that the girl is regarding her husband.

"Was he being able to walk?" She inquired politely making the tall man to small at the girl's inquiry. "Yes bhabhi (sister-in-law)." He answered her softly as the girl nodded her head.

"Alright thank you." She spoke softly with a grateful smile towards his way. She slowly opened the door and went in, closing the door behind her, she locked it slowly.

Walking through the attached room, she went in his room, where he was sleeping peacefully. The girl didn't look at his way again as she slowly went in the restroom.

She gets rid of her clothes as she turned on the cold shower. Standing there as she felt cold water trickle down her body making her body to relax as she sighed.

All the pent-up emotions since morning started to rack her mind and just like that, she was unable to control her tears anymore. Her tears flow down freely mixing up with the water.

She stayed there in shower for long minutes as her emotions kept on flowing through her eyes and a time came when the tears were all dried and there was no energy in her to cry anymore.

She washed her hair and her body as she slowly wrapped the towel around her form. Turning off the water. She slowly with hazy mind opened the restroom door and went inside to the corner where her bag is placed in which her clothes were. As she was staying here from last five months, so she had asked aunt Yasmeen to bring her few clothes here.

She took out one of her shalwar kameez and turned to go in the attached room but a small shriek escaped her lips as her eyes widened in shock.

There in front of her was standing Michael. He was standing extremely close making her heart to burst out of its rib cage.

She was having a headache and somehow she completely forgot that he's not in coma but just sleeping. That's why she was doing her daily chores normally.

A horrified gasp escaped her lips as she realized her appearance. She was merely in nothing but a mere towel that just reached her mid thighs and is wrapped around her.

Involuntarily the clothes fell from her hand as she clutched the towel tightly to her front.

As soon as her honey colored eyes met the green ones. Her heart stopped beating at the way his eyes looked at her soul. The girl gulped and immediately picked her clothes up in her hands, clutching them to her front with the towel. She immediately tried to leave back into the restroom from the side but luck wasn't on her side as her frail arm was taken in his strong grip, and she was brought back to her place. In front of him.

Anisah didn't look up at once. She didn't know why, but she felt extremely intimidated by his tall and broad frame. She tried to struggle out of his grip but it only tightened.

"Who are you?" He asked. His voice the same she used to hear and yearned to hear, but now it appeared gruff.

Anisah gulped as she contemplated what to say. She hadn't made a plan how to start her mission yet and now this. She was scared to say anything. She didn't want to make her image bad in front of him now when he has forgotten her.

And not to mention the way she's standing in front of him. Just in a towel wasn't helping at all.

Anisah tried to free her arm but his grip tightened making her hiss in pain as he hovered over her small form coming closer, making her breathing to accelerate. He was so tall that she merely reached his shoulders. His form so intimidating and dominating as she can see him now.

"L-let g-go p-please!" She spoke softly trying to get her arm free, but he wasn't even budging and the next thing the air left her lungs.

He harshly pulled her towards the side and then slammed her small form on the wall rather roughly, knocking air out of her for a second as the next thing his right hand slammed harshly on the wall just beside her head. Making her jolt in fear.

Her clothes were on the floor as she clutched her towel to her chest like her life depends on it. Her heart was thudding wildly in her ears. She didn't want to lie to him, nor she can tell him who she is yet, but the way he was behaving with her was scaring her to the core.

Her face was down as a gasp escaped her lips when her face was taken in his fingers. He cupped her face making her lips to pucker out as he came deadly close to her.

"Asking last time girl! Who are you?" He asked in an angry deep voice making a chill to run down her spine.

But why is she getting intimidated by her own husband. Breathing in deeply, she tried to calm her rapidly beating heart down.

"I'm h-human." She mumbled softly in a mere whisper, but he heard it as his nose scrunched at her answer and his demeanor darkened even more of possible.

"And I'm a fucking Alien!" He yelled harshly making her flinch as she gulped and tried to be as normal as she could. "No, you seem like human." She mumbled in a fake innocence making him grit his teeth as she bit her cheek to stop her smile.

"What is your name?" He asked calmly as if he's trying to control his anger.

Anisah thought for a second if she should tell him, her name or not and then come up with a name just for today as tomorrow she'll make a plan and go according to that.

"My name is Habibti." She told him softly making him to arch his brow at the weird girl.

"Am I stupid! Tell me your full name?" He asked angrily this time making her gulp. Oh, how she wished for him to call her Habibti once.

"Habibti Micky. Yeah! that's my name." She mumbled weirdly to her own self making the man wanting to slam his head on the wall.

"What are you doing here?" He asked more harshly this time, his body coming closer to hers, but she was lost in the chitchat with him to even notice that.

"I'm umm I'm doing my duty." She mumbled weirdly again as if telling her own self.

Michael clenched his jaw as he let her face go, turned around and take two steps away from her. Rubbing his hand on his face in frustration he slowly turned around to find the girl deep in her thoughts as if, she's talking to her own self.

That is when his eyes landed on her complete form. He has seen her in the morning, she was only one in the room when he woke up, her clothing and veil on her head clearly indicated which type of girl she is but at that time his mind was jumbled up to even concentrate on such thing, but he can say that she looked so beautiful to her eyes.

And now staring at her he couldn't think anything good. The same girl is standing in front of him, just in towel wrapped around her small form. Her white creamy legs were bare to his sight and that swan like neck, those collarbones, she's a fucking beauty with those honey colored long wet hairs.

His eyes darkened as a thought entered his mind.

Anisah gasped loudly when her daze of thoughts broke, and she saw his large form hovering over her.

In no minute he slammed his both hands on either side of her head making her flinch back. At that moment she was scared.

She was scared because of the look in his eyes as those green eyes looked her up and down. The way his eyes darkened, her heart became almost numb.

"W-What?" A stutter escaped her lips as she involuntarily clutches her towel more tightly and tried to control her trembling.

"I know who you are!" He spoke confidently making a breath to escape her mouth as her eyes widened for a fraction of second. Did he remember her? Did he get back his memory?

Trillions of questions racked her mind at that moment as she craned her neck up to stare at him in daze.

"You're not a doctor nor a nurse for sure." He stated in a matter of factly as if clearing it out to his own self.

Anisah waited impatiently for him to call her his Habibti, his biwi (wife) but everything crushed down the second he opened his mouth. "You're here to kill me!" He stated in an asking manner.

Anisah literally wanted to roll her eyes as she faces palmed her head.

"Qatil to ap hein!"
(Murderer is you!)

She spoke before she could stop her tongue and Michael arched his brow listening to her Urdu.

"Kisne bheja hai tumhe, mujhe mar ne ke lia?"
(Who has sent you here, to kill me?)

He asked her seriously coming extremely closer that her floral lily scent reached his senses making him inhale deeply.

He had smelled this scent before and just like that a sharp pain radiated off of his head, but he clenched his jaw to ignore it.

Anisah was on the edge literally. She's enjoying this inquiry of his but her heart was going wild due to her clothing. Her cheeks were burning in embarrassment of her being in towel, and she was sure, her ears would be red.

What he'll be thinking of her being in towel just like that. How embarrassing!

And to top everything else, her life of a husband thinks that she's sent here by some certain enemy to kill him.

Like it's either he lost his brain for thinking that a frail small girl like her could harm such a big, giant hunk like him. Or his brain is working on double speed for assuming her to be ninja fighter. Like common look at her small form and then look at your own giant frame.

"Just imagine! Can a girl like me, small and frail can kill a man like you, giant and muscly!" Anisah stated the fact and exaggerated her words and actions to make him understand the point.

Michael's green eyes bore into her honey doe ones and after a staring competition of two seconds, she felt intimidated, so she lowered her gaze and her cheeks flared brighter red.

Only she knows, how difficult it is to draw breath at that moment. Michael inched closer making her tense as she didn't look at him once.

"You sure can seduce me!" He husked.

Do follow me for more upcoming amazing stories.

Have a good day.