~• 73 •~

•••

•••

سنبھل کے چلنا یہ شہر عقابوں کا ہے
لوگ سینے سے لگا کر کلیجہ نکال لیتے ہیں۔

•••

•••

An eerie like silence surrounds the haveli as everyone was gathered in the lounge looking dead serious. Nobody believes what Ebek said as it could be a ploy but the way his posture radiated confidence and triumph that he hit Michael at the perfect place was enough to say that Ebek wasn't lying.

Everyone was present in there, waiting for Yasmeen as she has gone for shopping and will be coming back soon. Michael still wanted to believe that Ebek is lying, and he wished from the bottom of his heart that Aunt Yasmeen must deny these allegations.

Just like that the main door opened and walked in Aunt Yasmeen smiling softly but stopped to find everyone in the lounge with serious faces.

Her eyes looked at Ibrahim for a second whose eyes were lowered and then her eyes met with Michael's as in questioning. "A family meet-up without informing me at all." Yasmeen complained as she came to sit beside Ibrahim and patted his shoulder.

Uncle Imran along with everyone was looking at her wearily. "Bring him in." Michael spoke to no one in particular but Jhangir nodded his head and went out.

Yasmeen stares confused at everyone whereas Rabia was looking at Yasmeen as if she'll gauge Yasmeen's eyes out. Before Yasmeen could say a word Jhangir came in along with someone whose hands were tied.

It was Ebek.

As soon as Yasmeen's eyes met Ebek's her eyes darkened and this didn't go unnoticed by Michael. His hawk like eyes took in her every move.

"What's happening here?" Yasmeen asked confused with worry etched on her face. When, nobody replied she continued.

"Don't tell me y'all started doing your work in the haveli too. I don't want such stuff in my house!" Yasmeen spoke a little angrily. Zaroon who was standing on the side with his back leaning on the wall and arms crossed gave a slightest look to Michael and it was as if they talked through their eyes.