~• 72 •~

•••

•••

کاش کوئی تو ایسا ہو
جو اندر سے باہر جیسا ہو۔

•••

•••

Next morning Anisah woke up to find a freshly made tea that was placed on the bedside table and the aroma was beautiful. He made it! The side of the bed was untouched which means she luckily slept alone on the bed.

Her mind recalled what she witnessed last night and on cue the door to their room opened. Her eyes met his green ones and just like yesterday he lowered his eyes. She felt extremely conflicted. This behavior of his felt unsettling for her.

She expected him to confront her. Ask for forgiveness or talk to her, console her or anything, after all he remembers everything now but his behavior was unnerving for her.

He came to her side, and she thought he'll help her up, but he only forwarded an adjustable walking cane.

Anisah stared at it for a good minute and then took it from his hand. "Freshen up, have your tea, I'll bring your breakfast here." He told her in an emotionless voice as he left from there without even a single glance at her way.

Anisah gulped, she didn't want her mind to go havoc by thinking about his doings. She shouldn't bother about it. She slowly stood up with the help of her walking cane and walked to the restroom. Walking stick really helped her tho. She freshened up, changed her clothes and sat on the bed, drinking that tea and man it was delicious. She doubts that he made it. And what got her more conscious was that only old Michael remembers that she likes tea.

She was so engrossed in enjoying the tea that she didn't realise him entering the room. When he placed the breakfast dish on the small table at the side and brought it in front of her, she realized his presence.

Her eyes softly lifted to look at his face and yet again she found his eyes not on hers but the task at hand. She looked away when he spoke up. "Finish it and then eat your medicine." He told her in that same emotionless voice.